We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Gluten Free

Hi, does anyone have any tips for gluten free travelling in Manzanillo? Staying at Las Hadas worried since they don't really have a buffet my choices will be very limited of finding gluten free food. Thanks

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 94
1. Re: Gluten Free

If you can manage corn - I am gluten intolerant but OK with corn - you will be OK. I was in Mexico 14 years and aside from the Lakeshore market in Ajijic I never found any gluten free products in Mexico. I ate fruit, seafood, meat, veg and anything with corn tortillas and never had any problems.

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Gluten Free

thanks for the info !

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
3. Re: Gluten Free

Here is a good site to use...print out and bring along with you for your restaurant visits...

http://www.celiactravel.com/cards/

canada
reviews: 8
4. Re: Gluten Free

hi scott ? Hope your trip to manzanillo went well, I am curious to know how you made out with gluten free options at both your resort and any offsite dining. I am celiac as well and we have decided to rent our own condo with the hope that I can control my own diet safely, but of course would like to enjoy some local cuisine and atmosphere without the need to carry along my own little lunch bag. Thank you for any info you could pass on. Hope you get this. Thanks Del

Vancouver, Canada
5. Re: Gluten Free

it was a bit difficult was hard to get the waiters and such to understand my issues so I pretty much stuck to fruit and vegetables when I could, plain meats and fish. Sorry not much help since you are staying in your own place should be easier for you to control what you eat. For restaurants just try to order what you know and try to get anything you can plain no sauces or coatings. Good luck.

6. Re: Gluten Free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo