We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Catharines...
reviews: 6
Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

Well we’re headed back to Manzanillo this coming Feb/March for a month or maybe a little more. (woo!woo!)

Getting to Manzanillo from Toronto is looking very pricey right now (hoping flight costs will go down come the fall)

We’ve been tossing around a few ideas about different flight options. I’ve checked into flights on various sites and so far I’ve found direct flights to Manzanillo from Calgary, Los Angeles and Houston.

Does anyone know of any other cities either in Canada or the U.S. where there are direct flights into Manzanillo?

Thanks!

Winnipeg, Mb.
reviews: 7
1. Re: Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

I believe Air Transat is using a Canjet 737 for direct flights from Vancouver to Manzanillo this upcoming season.....

Calgary would certainly be less travel time for you, and you could avoid any stop overs in the Excited States.....

Edited: 8:37 pm, August 21, 2012
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
reviews: 17
2. Re: Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

The only other direct flights to ZLO I know of are available from PHX in Phoenix, and MEX in Mexico City. I actually kind of like the idea of going directly to Mexico City!

You could get from YYZ to MEX via Air Canada, then hop a flight to ZLO, both Aeromar and Aeromexico have flights from MEX. Then, at least you'd still only be clearing customs once, in MEX. Plus, you'd be going from winter to summer, rather than from winter to fall to summer. :) And, the flight from MEX to ZLO is pretty short, like, an hour and a quarter.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 32
3. Re: Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

isn't there a direct flight from Saskatoon in winter on WestJet, Chelly?

I think it might have one stop, in Calgary? Or no?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
4. Re: Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

Now I am confusing myself...lol....would that be termed a direct flight then...or a connecting flight?

smartertravel.com/travel-advice/…

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 38
5. Re: Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

Rissask - uyou might be thinking of a direct flight with a stop over.

If you are already on the plane and land in another city to pick up more paggengers you don't get off the plane, they just get on - that's a stop over.

Also if you are travelling to Mexico and the plane lands in another city first before continuning on to your destanation, everyone gets off the plane to clear customs. Customs will take the people who are continuning on first so they can re-board the plane, take their seats again andtake off again. That happened to us. They made us stand to the side until all the other people cleared before they cleared us.

A direct flight is where you take off in one city and stop at your final destanation. (ie Winnipeg to Manzanillo)

A connecting flight is where you land in one place and have to catch a different plane to continue on. Winnipeg to Mexico City via Air Canada then Mexico City to Manzanillo via Air Mexico.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
reviews: 17
6. Re: Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

There's no way to get directly from Saskatoon to Manzanillo, without being booked into an AI hotel in Manzanillo, unfortunately. There IS a direct flight from Calgary, but we'd have a connector from Saskatoon. That's not such a bad thing; this year, we're going from Saskatoon to Calgary, and Calgary to LAX, then the next morning, LAX to Manzanillo.

Can't wait until 2014; we'll definitely be booking westjet out of Calgary!

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 24
7. Re: Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

Direct can include a stop but you do not change planes. Non stop is, well, exactly as is says, non stop. Winnipeg now has non stop! Yay!

Winnipeg, Mb.
reviews: 7
8. Re: Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

...ah-Whaaa.....??? Winnipeg now has non-stop direct to ZLO..??

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 38
9. Re: Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

Grapefruit - check with your Agent to see if your flight has been changed, mine was. Transat changed the flights to direct from Winnipeg instead of a stop over in Calgary. Since your going in high season, I'll bet they changed your too.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
10. Re: Direct Flights to Manzanillo from Where???

Yes, direct might have a stop or two, whereas a non-stop flight is direct with NO stops (of course the most desirable).

Chelly- you can book air only (non stop) with no AI hotel, on Air Transat to ZLO, on Expedia- it is $989 per person though, which is of course a ridiculous air only price- but maybe worth it to you for a nonstop 5 hour flight, and *poof* you're there. On Wednesdays. :)

And then on Fridays, WestJet flies for $854 per person total...one 2 hour layover in Calgary...just under 9 hours total....not bad at all!

and that price should go down closer to the departure date (I was looking in mid January).

Edited: 1:11 pm, August 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo