We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 10
Rain???

Forecast doesnt look good for next couple of days seems a little odd :(

cudworth
reviews: 13
1. Re: Rain???

It rained a couple of times when we were in Manzanillo at the end of January. Rain is really not a problem as it is gentle and the air is warm,even in the evening. We watched the show at the Karmina in the rain and it was fine.

And, it is better than snow!!!!

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
reviews: 2
2. Re: Rain???

No, rain like this at this time of year is unusual. Definitely not the norm here at all. We had 47mm overnight last night.

I was going to do some construction with palm wood. Now, it will be 3 to 4 weeks before there's any dry enough to use, and for sure prices will be higher too.

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
3. Re: Rain???

It is, however, excellent drinking weather ..

St. Catharines...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Rain???

I think the weather in many places is unusual this year...maybe that's why the rain?...we are still waiting (not longingly) for "winter" here where we live. I've worn boots once so far and then we only had a couple of inches of snow that lasted about 24 hours and melted. I had wanted to get away for the month of February as that's usually our coldest month...but the condo we wanted was only available for March so we took that. So far it's been a great decision...I've checked the next 14 day forecast and we have mostly well above freezing temps. Either we'll get blasted in March or we'll have missed the winter we're used to altogether. Which would be great! :-)

Edited: 10:11 pm, February 10, 2012
St. Catharines...
5. Re: Rain???

BuffaloDon...hmmm...what weather is NOT great "drinking weather"??...lol

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
6. Re: Rain???

ricksmoxie you have a point there.

It's been raining all night again. When it stops I'll climb up on the roof to check the rain gauge. Looks like as much or more than last night and it's a crisp 17C now.

St. Catharines...
7. Re: Rain???

hmmm...not looking forward to the rain aspect during our time there. Looks like packing an umbrella or 2 is in order...also a sweatshirt...hopefully this unusual weather there will have passed by the end of the month.

BuffaloDon...please keep us in the loop.

I may have spoke too soon in my previous post lol...we've had a few inches of snow last night and temps are colder then we've seen yet this year. It won't last long though as temps are well above 0 again next week.:-)

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
8. Re: Rain???

Just checked the gauge, as it has slowed and almost stopped. We had 84mm overnight. This is so, so, not normal at all for here, in February. Manzanillo has the most temperate climate in all of Mexico.

It's still winter, however, and the evenings and mornings are normally in the high teens.The last time I personally experienced this type of weather was in Nayarit in 2002. I was in Guayabitos for a month and it rained for 36 hours straight beginning mid day on February 13th, and messed up my plans for my Valentine! I remember those special times.

The locals said they had never had that happen in the last 15 years.

This article may explain the unusual weather that we are all experiencing this year.

…nationalgeographic.com/news/…

Oh, one other thing. remember that it is 2012, and the Mayans did say we were going to be in for an interesting ride this year ...

The rain has started up again. I'll put some more Elixir Tekillya in my coffee and monitor things here in cool soggy paradise ....

ricksmoxie, you guys can always hunker down with us under our palapa and drink out the rain!! LOL

Hasta pronto~

El Monitor

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
9. Re: Rain???

Up at the volcano, there's between 30 and 50 cm of snow.

www.angelguardian.mx/sitio/noticia.php…

That would mean no volcano tours for a while I think.

Manzanillo
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo
10. Re: Rain???

I just emptied another 14mm from the gauge.

I hope that's for today.

145mm in 2 days is enough rain thank you....

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo