We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help if possible!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Please help if possible!

We're a couple who just decided to go to Manzanillo (first time) in February (our 24th anniversary); will it be impossible to find a decent hotel room near or on the beach, maybe in Las Brisas, or at this point, anywhere? We prefer not to stay in an all-inclusive and our needs aren't fancy. Clean is good, 2 beds or a king also good. I understand A/C is not a requirement in Feb?

All we want to do is hang out on the beach, go out for dinner, learn a bit about the area, and relax! We've been to quite a few different places in MX so would like to experience another.

Any help or websites would be grand, and thank you!

Ruth

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 10
1. Re: Please help if possible!

Check out the condos available on www.vrbo.com as there may still be something available. It works out less expensive than a hotel and you can eat what you want when you want.

My condo is #72900 and you should also look at #50834 which is available as well.

Katrine

Sherwood Park...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Please help if possible!

We have a neighbor that rents out a 1 bedroom (brand new) suite for about $30.00 a day. 4 min walk to beach with pool available. Let me know if you want me to contact her.

Alberta, Canada
reviews: 7
3. Re: Please help if possible!

Hi Volson,

I was reading your post and I am interested in some information about your neighbors condo. We are from Alberta as well and just came back from Manzanillo for our Christmas holiday. We really liked the area and would like to go back. Maybe not to an all inclusive, so the condo idea might be something we should look into. please let me know if you have some infro for me. Thanks

Sherwood Park...
4. Re: Please help if possible!

WE have a house in this condo development on the beach. Our neighbor just built a 1 room apartment above their garage. It is quite nice. Has a small kitchen and bathroom, with air conditioning. They are a real nice couple. I will ask them if they are interested in me giving out their email.. My email adress is

volson_ennis@hotmail.com

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 10
5. Re: Please help if possible!

Volson,

I, too, am interested in information on the condo. Is it in Santiago?

White Rock, B.C.
reviews: 3
6. Re: Please help if possible!

Have you tried Hotel La Posada? Very typical Mexican, lots of colour, well run, great service,great pool, right on the beach of Las Brisas, you can see the cargo ships coming in, it's very interesting. We were there in Nov.05, and we were very pleased with the accomodation and the location.

Sherwood Park...
7. Re: Please help if possible!

My neighbors email is RickLori@hotmail.com.

Good Luck. We will be there in February.

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 94
8. Re: Please help if possible!

You also might want to check out Barra de Navidad about 65 km north of Manzanillo. We are a small beach town on a beautiful bay that is closer to the airport than manzanillo is. We have four good medium priced hotels on righ on the beach; the Hotel Navidad with pool, beach side restaurant and rooms; Chips Hotel with rooms and suites, beachside restaurant but no pool; Las Villitas with large rooms, beachside restaurant but no pool; the Hotel Alondra with suites, rooms, pool and pool bar on the beach, 2nd floor restaurant and 4th floor rooftop bar. I know that the Alondra and Navidad still have space available in February because I just made bookings with them. They both have web sites www.alondrahotel.com and www.hotelbarradenavidad.com

There are also many other lower priced hotels and bungalows off the beach. Barra de Navidad has it's own page here on Trip Advisor.

Barra is built on a sand bar with the lagoon on one side of the Malecon and and the ocean on the other. The main town is only 7 blocks long and 4 blocks wide so nothing is too far from the beach. We have several good restaurants, a few bars, one disco and miles of sandy beach. The Hotel Grand Bay Isla Navidad is a 5 minute boat ride away across the lagoon.

Sherwood Park...
9. Re: Please help if possible!

The condos I am talking about are in Barra also.

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 94
10. Re: Please help if possible!

Thought so Volson when I saw Rick and Lori's email address.

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo