We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling in Manzanillo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chula vista
snorkeling in Manzanillo

First timer in Manzanillo. I'm only there for a day and would like to go snorkeling but only if its recommended. Wouldn't want to waste my only day in cloudy water or rough water. Does anyone recommend a good site and what's the best way to rent gear or get there?

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 13
1. Re: snorkeling in Manzanillo

Snorkeling is great in Manzanilla. We were there in November 2003 and are going back this Thanksgiving. The water was very clear and warm. I don't know about the summer months. There is a Dive Shop right on the main highway going through Manzanillo. I believe it is call PADI they have scuba and snorkeling. If you go to the website www.gomanzanillo.com there will be more info. They picked us up (along with two other couples) at our hotel at the opposite end of town. We travelled in their van to the dive shop where we were fitted with our equipment. We then travelled to the boat with our english speaking quide. We went to a location at the northern end of Manzanillo where there was a large reef. The water was very calm and the reef was full of colorful fish. Next we travelled closer to shore and snorkeled around an old ship wreck. Very cool. After that we hung out the rest of the afternoon with our guide at the "local's beach" La Bonita where we were treated to freshly bbq'd fish, beer, tostadas and salsa. There are lots of local vendors peddling their wares here. We had a blast just hanging out. At the end of the day we convinced our boat captain to give us a bay cruise back to our hotel. We grabbed some beer and had a great sunset cruise for $40. The snorkeling excursion cost us about $40 per person.

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo