We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celeste or Los Suenos condos

Which Huatulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
reviews: 2
Celeste or Los Suenos condos

We are planning a trip for next march and are trying to decide between these two condo complexes. Is Celeste too far out of town? How much would a taxi ride in cost? How do the beaches compare between the 2? Any comments on either would be appreciated!

Saskatchewan
reviews: 26
1. Re: Celeste or Los Suenos condos

Be prepared for several responses, so try to guess what works for you. IMO, Los suenos is great for location- walk down the block, round the corner and head into town for everything you need, shopping, food, etc. sits right on chahue beach and has 2 beach clubs ready for you to enjoy.

Celeste - beautiful setting, up a small hill , accessible by a little path, from the gorgeous Arrocito beach. Quiet during the week, more people on the weekend (us too!) and little palapas to eat and drink under next to the private Celeste cabanas. It is a taxi ride, but never more then 50? Pesos into town. This is, a time share or fractional share condo, and we have only seen few guest there, as we have had drinks in the lovely sunset bar on the beach. Decide, proximity to the centro, or a little away from it, it's all good.

Saskatchewan
2. Re: Celeste or Los Suenos condos

It has suddenly occurred to me that I have mixed up Celeste with Cosmos Residences! Sorry about that! Celeste is also more secluded and perhaps another TA person can step in with info on Celeste. Happy decision making, it will all be good.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 65
3. Re: Celeste or Los Suenos condos

Teddy, Cosmo is not timeshare or fractional ownership, but Celeste is.

To the OP, do you mean Sueno del Mar (in Chahue) or Sueno Royal (in Punta Santa Cruz)?

Huatulco, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Huatulco
4. Re: Celeste or Los Suenos condos

Sueno Real is at Punta Santa Cruz, overlooking Santa Cruz bay.

Sueno del Mar is in Chahue, near the beach (described above).

Cosmos is in Arrocito, practically on the beach (also described above).

Celeste is in Resdencial Conejos on the Tejoncito beach.

The latter two are at beaches in small protected bays. The first two are closer to town.

They're all very nice projects, but I have never actually stayed at any of them as a guest. So, I'll leave opinions about them to those who have....

Roberto

Hurricane Divers

canada
5. Re: Celeste or Los Suenos condos

It would be Sueno del Mar in Chahue vs. Cosmo residences. Sorry for the confusion.

berwyn, illinois
reviews: 5
6. Re: Celeste or Los Suenos condos

The tradeoff would be the views, which are more stunning the further you get from town. Keep in mind that taxis are really inexpensive, reliable and fast. I know when we've stayed in Conejos, a taxi was just a phone call away and it took less than 5 minutes, maybe another 5-10 into town? At the Cosmos, one would be at your door in about 2 minutes- that's if you had to call and there wasn't one just waiting.

canada
7. Re: Celeste or Los Suenos condos

Geez I need more coffee. It would be CELESTE vs. Los Suenos in Chahue.

Saskatchewan
8. Re: Celeste or Los Suenos condos

Ha, we all need more coffee. Sorry, while sitting in the Ocean bar we met some people who where renting at Cosmos and they led us to believe that it was or could be a fractional ownership agreement. Anyhoo, good luck with your decision making!

Chicago
reviews: 4
9. Re: Celeste or Los Suenos condos

If you are looking for a 5 star luxury vacation Celeste is the place. Top shelf everything plus a state of the art spa and health club. Only cosmos comes close in Huatulco. Only for the life styles of the rich and famous.

canada
10. Re: Celeste or Los Suenos condos

We are looking to treat ourselves for a week and Celeste looks like it could hit the mark. Our only concern was if it is too far from anything. Getting a taxi isn't a big deal for a few minutes drive. Thanks to all those who replied!

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics