We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Sky Lounge"

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Barrie, Canada
"Sky Lounge"

Hola:

Staying at Hotel Castillo in under a month and noticed a bar/restaurant in the Quinta Real Hotel called "Sky Lounge Bar."

Is this worth checking out for the view? I imagine it's not budget priced drinks, due to location but is it reasonably priced or on the expensive side?

Gracias.

berwyn, illinois
reviews: 5
1. Re: "Sky Lounge"

I've never been however you might want to go just for drinks at sunset. I've heard the view is wonderful although I imagine the restaurant is a bit pricey.

Huatulco, Mexico
reviews: 9
2. Re: "Sky Lounge"

I suggest that you go there for brunch

The views are great during the day

the food and presentation is wonderful

Pricey but at brunch not bad

Really nothing to see after dark

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

Saskatchewan
reviews: 33
3. Re: "Sky Lounge"

Agree with villasolymar, we went for drinks for an anniversary, got there about 6pm and the bar was just setting up. By the time we got our drinks and gazed across at the gorgeous view, we had a few minutes and then it was to dark to see anything! It did look like a nice place for a brunch/view however, during the day.

Barrie, Canada
4. Re: "Sky Lounge"

Gracias for the replies, so far but it looks like the Sky Lounge is only open from 6PM to 1AM. That means brunch won't be a possibility.

Huatulco, Mexico
reviews: 9
5. Re: "Sky Lounge"

The sky lounge has been opened for breakfast since 1997

Maybe the bar is not open all day but the restaurent is

I doubt that they have changed

But when I see the manager I will ask

Wayne Overby

Villa Sol y Mar

(House of the Sun & Sea)

Barrie, Canada
6. Re: "Sky Lounge"

Hi Wayne:

Thanks for looking into this concern for me!

The info regarding hours was gathered from an internet site that "represents" Quinta Real but NOT Quinta Real's homepage. Obviously the "representative" website is not up to date and / or accurate.

Ponemah, Manitoba
reviews: 16
7. Re: "Sky Lounge"

YES! check it out. We went there when were staying at Las Brisas in January 2012 and the Sky Lounge is really something that everyone needs to check out......no bargain drinks though! but worth the price.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 15
8. Re: "Sky Lounge"

Simply lovely, with excellent cocktails although expensive... Watch your step at night. I was so glad we decided to drive up for a night cap. Also had a chance to checkout the hotel, really nice!

Enjoy

Orleans
reviews: 7
9. Re: "Sky Lounge"

Is this place near the Castillo?

Tom

Barrie, Canada
10. Re: "Sky Lounge"

Hi Tom:

The "Sky Lounge" is in the Quinta Real Hotel, located above Tangolunda bay. I'm guessing about 5 minutes from the Castillo, by taxi.

FYI, you and I are arriving at the Castillo on the same day. Most likely departing YYZ on the same flight.

Salud.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics