We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Suggestions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Orleans
reviews: 7
Dinner Suggestions

We're taking our 1st trip to Huatulco on January 5th, staying at the Castillo. Due to time constraints we are only staying one week. If we decide to eat out on our last night in Huatulco, where do you suggest we go for a great Dinner? We are not seafood eaters. I've read here that Oaxacan food is good.

Tom

berwyn, illinois
reviews: 5
1. Re: Dinner Suggestions

I would eat out every night, but that's just me .......... For one night, I don't think you can go wrong with Finca de los Vaqueros or El Sabor de Oaxaca- both are close by in La Crucecita. Also in La Crucecita, the Onix above Los Portales, right on the zocolo. Great food, great service and just a little bit fancier than the other 2.

I also really love Don Porfirios which is across the street from the Barcelo in Tangolunda. They might be better known for their seafood- my favorite dish there is their huge shrimps with butter and garlic. That's usually my fancy "splurge" meal when I am in Huatulco.

Edited: 1:33 pm, November 29, 2012
Michigan
reviews: 6
2. Re: Dinner Suggestions

I second that! Eating outside of your hotel only one night in huatulco would be a real shame. One of the reasons we have returned 5 years in a row and stayed non-AI is the fantastic and inexpensive dining. I would never be able to pick just one! Some of our favorites are:

Santa Clara - the pollo al barro was awesome! Need to order at least 5 hours ahead of time.

Onix - the filet mignon is delicious and under $20. Unbelieveable entree prices here. Would easily be over $30 in the US!

Kristal Rose

Mamma Mia for my weekly italian fix.

The vege burger at LaPosada for lunch. Its at the bestwestern.

Arleys Tlayudas for tacos. A plate of 4 is 28pesos! Perfect appetizer before you head to another place for dinner!

The hamburger cart run by two ladies on bugambiLla, by the little park. 24pesos for a grilled burger with the works including pineapple slice and a chili pepper! By the way, does anyone know what happened to Seco's burger cart?

Los almendros - get the los chamorros de caro. It's to die for.

Ohhhh...I can't stop myself!

Edited: 4:06 pm, November 29, 2012
berwyn, illinois
3. Re: Dinner Suggestions

so many restaurants, so little time ..........

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 15
4. Re: Dinner Suggestions

spanishathear and mariaguapa

You are making me hungry!!!! Have tried some of your suggestions and now must try others that we have not had a chance to. Never been to Mamma Mia and we love Italian. We are staying at Las Brisas, but will try to dine out every evening, so many wonderful places at all price points!

Tom you will have to have dinner out more than once, you will not be sorry.

Dreamer

berwyn, illinois
5. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Tacos al Pastor with pineapple salsa from Los Portales- great any time of day!

California
reviews: 8
6. Re: Dinner Suggestions

My choice would be Cafe Viena. Best food I have had in Huatulco, but not Mexican.

Huatulco, Mexico
reviews: 4
7. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Giordanas for pasta and Teresina for pizza. Can't go wrong!!

berwyn, illinois
8. Re: Dinner Suggestions

There are lots of great restaurants but if you're only to go out to eat once, I think you should at least go for some authentic local food- something you can't find at home.

Orleans
reviews: 7
9. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Thanks to all for your ideas.

Tom

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 15
10. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Tom

Have a wonderful time and post how your hotel and dining off the resort works out. You may be another that gets hooked on Huatulco.

Happy Travels

Dreamer300

Edited: 10:32 pm, November 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics