We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple questions on Barcelo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Regina
reviews: 10
Couple questions on Barcelo

Hello folks - we are heading to the Barcelo via Sunwing December 11/12. Our only previous visit to Mexico was a few years ago when we went to the Palladium Vallarta and we are looking forward to this trip.

Couple of questions -

I've seen lots of chat about lining up cabs from airport to resort. There's supposed to be transport provided - why take a cab? Is there something I'm missing?

On a similar note - in PV you had to run the gauntlet of ridiculously aggressive timeshare vendors to get to the sidewalk. Does that happen in Huatulco?

We expect to take a daytrip, perhaps some snorkeling, and will likely head out to one or two of the recommended restaurants just to mix up the resort fare.

Any tips on the Barcelo and the Huatulco area would be welcome. I've been reading the forums as far back as I can and it's great fun to research our trip.

Many thanks!

Kamloops, Canada
reviews: 12
1. Re: Couple questions on Barcelo

Some folks like to beat the buses to the hotels, but just take the provided buses and enjoy.."you get lots of information about the area and it is fun

There are no time share people....the airport is small and quite lovely, just be prepared to wait in line to get through customs.

Have not been to Barcelo but hear it is nice.....do go off resort

Edmonton
2. Re: Couple questions on Barcelo

We take a cab as we stay at a private villa. Many travel to Huatulco and stay outside the AI. We buy flights only for Sunwing

You will love everything about Huatulco. Take a private boat tour they will ate you to Maguey for lunch (we like Ay Caray). All of the beaches are great, people are friendly.

Enjoy!

Regina, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Couple questions on Barcelo

Hi there, we are heading to Huatulco and Barcelo on the same dates from Regina....we had same questions because in Cancun its quite the gauntlet to get to the buses....we were relieved to hear from your responses that its not like that there. We are looking forward to a quieter Mexican experience...maybe see ya there and have a cervsa!

Have a safe trip!

K

Regina
4. Re: Couple questions on Barcelo

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Appreciate your advice.

KarlaMP, we are also out of Regina so we'll see you at the airport!

Regina, Canada
5. Re: Couple questions on Barcelo

For sure KM...... see ya at the Airport :) Hope you enjoy your Holiday :)

Regina...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Couple questions on Barcelo

KarlaMp and KM..... we too are from Regina, heading to Barcelo Huatalco in January... I would be interested in your comments when you return..

Regina
7. Re: Couple questions on Barcelo

We are anticipating lots of good news. Winter has hit in a big way and we are already dreaming of the beach.....

saskatchewan
8. Re: Couple questions on Barcelo

Heading to Barcelo end of Feb, I check in here often and would be nice to know what your time there was like. A coment when you get back would be interesting to read.

Regina, Canada
9. Re: Couple questions on Barcelo

We are counting down the days! For sure will post our experience in Huatulco and the Barcelo....We have also booked a deep sea fishing day with Tino heard so many great things about him and the fishing in Huatulco, will be back on the 18th ....well suppose to be back then its always hard coming home to snow when your in paradise!! lol

Regina, Canada
10. Re: Couple questions on Barcelo

Hi there Juatulcojoe,

You were mentioning that you stay at a private villa in Huatulco...can I ask where? and what is the price difference compared to staying at an AI? We would like to get away from the AI and try something different...Have been looking over VRBO but havent found really anything that has interested us...any info would be awesome maybe next time we could try a villa!

Edited: 12:08 pm, November 20, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics