We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to the Gala in March

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
vancouver canada
reviews: 1
Going to the Gala in March

My wife and 3kids (5,4and 15months) are going to the Gala on march 11. We have read tons of reviews and are pleased about this hotel. Has anyone been there in march or close to it? I assume the weather is nice and warm? Are there pool activities for adults?

Are there rooms better than others? (I know about the upgrade rooms with a pool) Is there an ATM machine on the premises? Any specialty drinks that can't compare to others? Is there bogey boarding out in front of the hotel?Does anyone know how much the horseback riding is? Are they on the beach? Is there any swimming with dolphins there or around there? If anyone has this info or any other info it would be much appreciated.

Peter

Midwest USA
reviews: 5
1. Re: Going to the Gala in March

��Buenas Noches! Peter

For a LOT of info by recent visitors to the Gala, go to the following two places --

http://216.193.236.147/frm/read.php?f=15&i=21&t=21 -- This is the "Big Board" run by scuba people. You might want to "search" this site for "ATM" and other things. It doesn't have that many messages because it was just switched to a new server.

http://HuatulcoParadise.net/ -- This is a Yahoo Group of 250 members. MANY of the members are going to the Gala in the next few weeks; a few have returned already. WHEN you join, check the "previous messages" for the past 3 weeks or so. ALSO, go to the "File" section and check folders with reports in them about the Gala.

There is no swimming with dolphins, but you will see them and sea turtles and lucky people see whales sometimes. Yes, there are ATMs all over and people use them as their first choice.

Adios Amigo,

Stephen (Silversard)

ontario, Canada
2. Re: Going to the Gala in March

Hi, My wife, two children ages 3 and 2 and myself just returned from the gala. Were there from jan 10 to 17. The resort is absolutly perfect for families. The place is clean, well maintained, and the staff strive to make your trip perfect. They treat children like gold. Catering to every need.

The rooms are average in size, we were on ground level at our request, with still an ok view of the ocean. The resort offers 5 pools. Two of which designated for kids. One within the kids club, and one beside the main pool. We spent most of our time at that location. Our children did attend the kids club daily from aprox. 1000am til 2pm. The staff were terrific. Tell Paulina who runs the club hi from Elliott and Hannah. It contains a secured entrance with a playground, shaded sandbox, pool, indoor activities. We were always able to keep an eye on our kids without them seeing us. If they have any problems they will page overhead.

The main pool offers various adult activities all day long. Water aerobics, vollyball, various sports, poolside spanish lessons, black jack, how to mix drinks etc. The staff are constantly asking you if want a drink. The food was excellent. Main buffet offered a different theme each night. Plenty of variety. Also two a la carte restraunts.

there was never a shortage of pool side chairs even though the hotel was at full capacity.

we brought our own water toys although they are available for purchase at the resort.

the weather was terrific 32-35 degrees daily with a nice breeze.

Overall we had a terrific time. My wife and I have stayed at various Sandal resorts and we found that the service at the gala was deffinately comparable if not better.

We are planning to return next year for two weeks as one week just was not long enough.

If you have anyother specific questions you can email me at lifesaver393@yahoo.ca.

Enjoy your vacation, we did.

Brad

3. Re: Going to the Gala in March

Hi, My husband and I were there in March of last year. The temp is a little warmer since you are so close to the equator. It is so very easy to get sunburn. I would suggest a waterproof sunscreen of at least 15spf if you want a tan and 30spf if you want to be protected. It does't take long to get burned thats my only warning. Everything else was just perfect. Have a great time.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
More Huatulco Topics