We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Careyes vs. El Tamarindo vs. Las Alamandas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Careyes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
reviews: 1
El Careyes vs. El Tamarindo vs. Las Alamandas

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have done a lot of searching past topics to help make the call between a weeklong stay at one of the following resorts: El Careyes, El Tamarindo, or Las Alamandas. My partner and I are traveling for my 40th birthday in late September, and I want this to be a very special trip. We love the outdoors (especially swimming/snorkeling in the ocean and hiking) but we also enjoy a spot of luxury with good pool(s), nice food, and a luxurious room to come back to every night. Any suggestions from the group on which of the three will fit my need the best? Or, a combination of two or more places?

London
reviews: 13
1. Re: El Careyes vs. El Tamarindo vs. Las Alamandas

Las Alamandas is the most refined of the three and in my opinion has the best hiking options. The master suite at Casa del Domo is best of the best of the best. I also think that Las Alamandas has the best food and service.

nyc
2. Re: El Careyes vs. El Tamarindo vs. Las Alamandas

Well, 7 years later, and I am going to El Careyes for 40th Birthday and New Year 2010 with wife and children 6 and 3. Is this the right choice? Wanted Hoteliot Desconocido but under renovations for the entire season.

nyc
3. Re: El Careyes vs. El Tamarindo vs. Las Alamandas

For some reason, it showed 2003 as date of last post, but now I see it's recent. So, I am new to board and going to El Careyes for week with family around the New Year. Still open to advice about other properties in area for family, oceanfront, and with gardens and beautiful scenery all around; but I don't want us to feel like we are the only ones there.

4. Re: El Careyes vs. El Tamarindo vs. Las Alamandas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 22, 2010