We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aca update

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 18
aca update

since most of us are months away from heading to aca, can we get an update on acabus,new tunnel progress and the latest rumors on costco rebuilding or not?

55 replies to this topic
Acapulco, Mexico
reviews: 1
21. Re: aca update

I too care about Costco. If you already have a Costco membership, and you're going to be in Aca for an extended period, as many posters here are, then I think it's a topic of interest and agree that Lagotex was appropriately asking locals here for input.

Currently I have no new information, but have a request for info into my contact. I'm not expecting any good news though.

When I get out and about this weekend, I'll see what's going on with the bus. The tunnel work looks like it's progressing at a decent speed.

New sidewalks going in on the Costera, newspaper said the part they had already put down starting crumbling (imagine that) and had to be ripped back out. I'm guess the ground underneath wasn't adequately packed and thus the breakage once having weight on top. The mayor says we won't be paying for the mess up, however, I'm sure somewhere along the line we'll be paying for something else that doesn't get done to make up for it.

And also see the post on the VW taxis as well as the older ones. Sprucing up all over the place.

Acapulco, Mexico
22. Re: aca update

Still no re-opening date for Costco, they say they are still looking though.........still keeping fingers crossed.

Edited: 6:45 pm, May 26, 2014
Acapulco, Mexico
23. Re: aca update

Maybe I'll have to email my Costco order to Christina :)

reviews: 18
24. Re: aca update

thank you Aca Res!

Mexico City, Mexico
25. Re: aca update

Dear Acapulco Resident, I would be pleased to take your Costco order! Have friends who live in Acapulco who drive to Cuernavaca to go to Costco. Really their meat,chicken,fish etc are a lot better than SAMs. I could not find pillows,sheets,bath towels,beach towels at SAMs ,thus load up the SUV. Had to buy everything new after the flood. Almost done! Place your order before the 3rd of June! LOL Christina

Acapulco, Mexico
26. Re: aca update

Thanks Christina, just now seeing this, I don't get here on any regular basis. I'll keep that in mind. Have a safe trip back!

Mexico City, Mexico
27. Re: aca update

Will be heading to Acapulco on Sunday. Hope the rains calm down a bit. Tomorrow to Costco to load up on things. LOL

Acapulco, Mexico
28. Re: aca update

Good news! They extended the autopista 50% discount for another year!!!! Hope your travels back were uneventful. Sunday is definitely the best date to head THIS way!

Mexico City, Mexico
29. Re: aca update

Well here I am in "sunny" ha ha Acapulco. As I write,rain and wind! Just saw on the news 90% chance that the storm lurking out on the ocean will become a tropical storm or hurricane. The name will be Cristina! Hope it does not hang around. Trip from Mexico City was good,except crossing Chilpancingo. They are still paving and tearing up the road. Took 45 minutes to get through Chilpancingo. The tolls are 50% off. Lots of police,military to be seen on the trip over. I have never been afraid on the Autopista Del Sol. Still putting things away from Costco! LOL thanks for asking.

Windsor, Canada
reviews: 36
30. Re: aca update

Thanks for the great update Aca Res!!!!

Reply to: aca update
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco