We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

Hello

I think we may have called the wrong property, as they spoke broken English and my broken Spanish may not have worked well. I got the impression that one or two (my question is which one is the hotel and not a private timeshare/condo/etc) of these is not a hotel, as we tried to check room availability and it appears that it is a condo/timeshare arrangement.

My wife and I want to take the kids, age 5 and 7, to a nice/safe/clean property for a long weekend.

Thank You guys

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

It probably is the nicest place for that kind of setting but it is timeshare and I am not sure if they rent as a Hotel??

if so you will be pressured into the obligation to sit in on many sales meetings and pitches, Breakfasts, perks etc??....

UGH!!!

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

My understanding is that they take normal hotel reservations as well. They have a daily rate posted at the check in desk.

Did you call the US toll free number? I can’t imagine them not speaking English at that number. I’ve always been able to find someone who speaks English at the hotel as well.

It’s a beautiful place to stay! We did a timeshare exchange a couple of years ago.

http://www.thegrandmayan.com/reservations

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

Thanks everyone, we will try the US number. We call the Mexico number

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

UPDATE: Just called the US number, these are timeshares. They offer "hotel like stays" but it must be one-week minimum stay. No Sat/Sun type stuff.

Any other ideas from the audience for a clean hotel, we prefer to stay on-site and not leave. Beach access preferred (not in-town).

Thank You

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

You can try the Princess or Camino Real. Both are out that way.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
152 reviews
6. Re: The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

As Acajane stated 2 good choices.

You may want to look at the Pierre Marquis as well. It is the sister property for the Princess and I believe you can share the facilities as well. The Princess has very nice pools and on a good beach as well.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

If you are not set on staying in a resort setting why not pick any one of the hotels mentioned on this site as all are safe and clean and can be rented for just a weekend. Another thought is that you don't have to stay out there as the kids could enjoy Cici water park if you were in closer to the city proper.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
412 posts
97 reviews
8. Re: The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

That is a Wyndham property I would call there reservation line 800-843-2335, I am sure they rent rooms keep in mind it is along way from downtown area you are kind of out by only major resorts. But it is beautiful properties

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
359 posts
37 reviews
9. Re: The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

We were at the Princess today for brunch. It is as gorgeous as ever. It isa beautiful place to spend a quiet weekend. The pools are gorgeous as well as the grounds and of course right on the beach, and the Princess has it's own private tented area on the beach. The crowds are gone, as we were there during Semana Santa and it was very, very busy. But today the Lobby looked peaceful. Apparently the golfing is good also. Hope this helps.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: The Grand Mayan / Mayan Palace - not a hotel ? QUESTION

thank you everyone, we are now leaning towards the Princess

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco