We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford, Michigan
Level Contributor
389 posts
1 review
animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

Im looking for an organization in acapulco that i can volunteer my time and money to help animals while i am in town. Id like to donate to a place that would best use the money to directly help animals in need. Oh, and maybe a place that my spanglish will be enough to communicate! Lol...

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

Get back to you, as I do have a good honest group for you, just need to know who is in charge now?

Acasun

Bedford, Michigan
Level Contributor
389 posts
1 review
2. Re: animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

Thx acasun. :)

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

https://www.facebook.com/RefugioIloveAC

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

Thanks,

I think this is the oneI was looking for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,recommended to me by someone with good/honest experience.

I will make contact and see What's UP???

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

They do spaying clinics --- it’s a very worthwhile cause, as I’m sure you know.

They take food donations too, I think I saw that you need an appointment to drop off food.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

I am going to visit the refuge one day and will give my report and will see how we can work with them. Anyone who wants to help them or visit the refuge when here.

They have about 60 dogs, only 30 available for adoption as some are in treatments for injuries, or need to be nursed back to proper health.

They also work with some of the best vets in Acapulco and there fore their time is I imagine donated too?? Will find out more and let those know who want to help OK?

Yes, and what they most need is food to feed the dogs!!!

They have no cats but sure they have a place for them too!!?? Or know of one reputable and honest.

Acasun...........arf arf...

Edited: 6:38 pm, March 28, 2013
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
359 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

Hello AcaQueen and AcaSun, the last pup in the photo`s on the sight that cares for strays is one we have been trying to help out. It is sad he was attacked by a German Shepard but a good thing that this group is caring for him. There is another very unfortunate pup that is laying on the Costera every am and he needs help asap,as he is a skeleton! A couple was taking care of him over the Christmas season and then they pulled out and just left him and the poor fellow gets thinner by the week as he does not know how to forge for himself.....so sad!! And yes we can feed him daily on our walks to the Zocalo but my fear for him is when we leave (in mid April what will he do!!!). If you get in contact with this group ,maybe you can assist in picking up this poor little fellow......please let me know and we will help from our end....thanks Cathy (aka Chaparrita)

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

let me know exactly where he is laying?

Bedford, Michigan
Level Contributor
389 posts
1 review
9. Re: animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

Acasun, i arrive on april 20th....if u speak to someone there, can u ask if they could use me for volunteer hrs the week of the 22nd...maybe a couple hrs on a few days. At the very least id like to make a cash donation...unless they prefer food donations? Could u possibly ask if there is someone there who speaks english so my interactions with them are easier? And finally, could someone get directions for me? Thanks, i know thats a lot of questions but im really excited to help. Ive cried to many tears over the animals in acapulco to not atleast try to help. Thanks again.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
359 posts
37 reviews
10. Re: animal welfare organizations in acapulco.

He is always laying on the sidewalk (beach side of the street) just past the bus turnaround where they just tore down old beach restaurants and have just built a new restaurant (not open yet). The Nissen dealership is just a little ways down across the street. I hope this description helps. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco