We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
El Morrito or La Gamba ?

... on the beach behind the Park.

Has anyone been to 'both' — and is one any better than the other?

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
reviews: 35
1. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Ron, we spent a day at El Morrito last February and really enjoyed it. I think they were working on La Gamba then but it looked like another good spot.

Winona, Minnesota
reviews: 1
2. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

We used to stay st the Park and went to both....both good, but my fave was the bacon wrapped cheese stuffed shrimp at La Gamba!

Mesa, AZ
reviews: 23
3. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

El Morrito closes pretty early and would be more of an afternoon/lunch option. LaGamba would be better as a dinner destination. Both are good, but service at La Gamba can be hit or miss.

Acapulco!!
reviews: 2
4. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Morrito is good as it has local fame too, Meaning the locals would go so often if not good!

My friend told me of a new dish there and will ask again when they get into town::::

Edited: 12:18 pm, January 04, 2013
Connecticut
5. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Connecticut
6. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

I think there's another eatery sandwiched between those two — the 'Coco Loco'; but I can't recall reading about anyone who's been there. I'm really not familiar with any of the three; I just know that they're there (and hope to check 'em out one day).

Acapulco!!
reviews: 2
7. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

I have friends who go there (Coco Loco) every day and sun, they love it and guess if you want to drink you can BYOB with their refereshment/beer service etc. Snacks usually good special attentive service if the help shows up!!

Katalin goes I believe to Morritos daily just next door or Bocana beach (hope she won't mind I wrote that)??

but you'll usually run into a group of the same people that hang a each spot daily for their months or weeks vacation!!?

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 7
8. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Coco Loco is a nice place to spend some hours by the beach - clean, friendly and reasonable. They have a splash pool you can use too.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
reviews: 35
9. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

As Steve noted, Coco Loco is another great spot. Spotless rest rooms and good food. Ron all three are near each other.

Edited: 3:06 pm, January 04, 2013
Claresholm, Canada
10. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Where is Coco Loco?