We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Morrito or La Gamba ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
8,784 posts
El Morrito or La Gamba ?

... on the beach behind the Park.

Has anyone been to 'both' — and is one any better than the other?

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Ron, we spent a day at El Morrito last February and really enjoyed it. I think they were working on La Gamba then but it looked like another good spot.

Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
569 posts
1 review
2. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

We used to stay st the Park and went to both....both good, but my fave was the bacon wrapped cheese stuffed shrimp at La Gamba!

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

El Morrito closes pretty early and would be more of an afternoon/lunch option. LaGamba would be better as a dinner destination. Both are good, but service at La Gamba can be hit or miss.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Morrito is good as it has local fame too, Meaning the locals would go so often if not good!

My friend told me of a new dish there and will ask again when they get into town::::

Edited: 12:18 pm, January 04, 2013
Connecticut
Level Contributor
8,784 posts
5. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
8,784 posts
6. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

I think there's another eatery sandwiched between those two — the 'Coco Loco'; but I can't recall reading about anyone who's been there. I'm really not familiar with any of the three; I just know that they're there (and hope to check 'em out one day).

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

I have friends who go there (Coco Loco) every day and sun, they love it and guess if you want to drink you can BYOB with their refereshment/beer service etc. Snacks usually good special attentive service if the help shows up!!

Katalin goes I believe to Morritos daily just next door or Bocana beach (hope she won't mind I wrote that)??

but you'll usually run into a group of the same people that hang a each spot daily for their months or weeks vacation!!?

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Coco Loco is a nice place to spend some hours by the beach - clean, friendly and reasonable. They have a splash pool you can use too.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
60 reviews
9. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

As Steve noted, Coco Loco is another great spot. Spotless rest rooms and good food. Ron all three are near each other.

Edited: 3:06 pm, January 04, 2013
Claresholm, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
10. Re: El Morrito or La Gamba ?

Where is Coco Loco?

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco