We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Good Report

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Acapulco
A Good Report

I just got an excellent report from my brother who stayed at Las Torres Gemelas. He checked out Sunday morning and was taken to the airport by a taxi driver recommended by the management. He left his Ipad in the taxi and emailed me about it when he got home. I contacted the man who manages the penthouse and he said he would try to recover it. Amazingly enough the taxi driver had it, returned it and it is now being shipped to my brother. That just doesn't happen too often. That is one honest taxi driver and management.

Ontario
reviews: 10
1. Re: A Good Report

That's impressive, Dray. I've had taxi drivers look out for me late at night in bad places. RwRobb had one take him home (to the taxi driver's home) to sleep it off. LOL. There are way more good people than bad in Acapulco, but you seldom hear about the good ones. Thanks for posting.

Ontario's Near...
reviews: 11
2. Re: A Good Report

I hope his honesty will be rewarded tenfold!

Connecticut
3. Re: A Good Report

I agree with snork —> "There are way more good people than bad in Acapulco, but you seldom hear about the good ones."

Most, I believe, want you to depart with good memories — so that, hopefully, you'll return (and maybe bring along some family or friends).

Edited: 5:00 pm, November 26, 2012
Acapulco, Mexico
reviews: 1
4. Re: A Good Report

I agree, I hope that guy gets a fair 'tip.'

MIAMI
reviews: 64
5. Re: A Good Report

I returned 3 months later to the El Cano and a taxi driver had returned my luggage cart! The bellman had it! I love Acapulco.

Acapulco
6. Re: A Good Report

Sunreyah....I pray also he is rewarded tenfold or even better a hundredfold.

Acapulco Res....I'm going to try to get his name, and if so I'm going to refer as much business his way as possible.

The manager of AcaCondos, owned by Jeff B., is James. I did not meet him personally, but from dealing with him on this issue and my brother's dealings with him I will say he is one stand up guy. I am very impressed with his integrity and that of the taxi driver.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
reviews: 142
7. Re: A Good Report

Wow great story Dray!! Glad your brother was fortunate to have 2 such honest people.

Acapulco!!
reviews: 2
8. Re: A Good Report

Dray,

That was a very nice post to put on and unfortunatly we do not get to hear about the "good ones" so much .....

Acapulco
reviews: 5
9. Re: A Good Report

Dray, that was a great happening and I hope that you do get that drivers name because I too would throw work his way, he deserves it. I am truly impressed.

Connecticut
10. Re: A Good Report

Dray — 'ditto' what you and Dan said (about the taxi driver). If you manage to get his name & cel-#, keep us posted.

On a side note, I've been reading AcaCondos' monthly blog for quite awhile — and enjoy its upbeat attitude. If I had the bucks, I'd consider looking into one of their suites.

http://www.acacondos.com/blog/

And on a similar-yet-different note — Val and I learned, a few trips back, that there are plenty of 'good people' in Acapulco.

It took me a long while to get used to their 'credit-card routine'. I left one behind at a small restaurant once; but when I returned (several hours later), they had it waiting for me in the register. Made my day! :o)

That same trip, we headed to the Sinfo for a sunset; and minutes after we got there, two truckloads of Federales pulled up — weapons and all. It scared the hell outta Val; but, as it turns out, they were all there for the same reason — just to catch an Acapulco sunset (and clap, believe it or not, like the rest of us did).

I learned a lot on that trip. ;o/

Edited: 3:51 pm, November 28, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco