We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Neat Thing About The People of Aca

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago 'burbs
A Neat Thing About The People of Aca

The amazing thing to me was how much everyone there remembers the American visitors from one visit to the next. There were several beach vendors that would come up and chat with my parents and offer a hug or two, remembering them from previous trips. Many of the waiters remember them from not just La Torre, but from other restaurants as well. The Barbarrojas waiters know them, some of the Carlos and Charlie staff know them. My mom told the beach manager at Paradise it would be their last trip there, and he said it can't be. She said yes, it has to be. He said he would wait for them. One beach vendor my parents have watched grow up since he was a young boy, and now he's 25. One of the waiters at La Torre was off our first couple days there. Once he was back on, he saw my dad on the beach and told him he had seen one of his daughters and her two kids for a walk on the beach (me and my kids) early that morning. We were shocked that he would see me and remember me from five years ago! It is going to be very hard for them to leave the people.

Connecticut
1. Re: A Neat Thing About The People of Aca

LauraBelle -

"There were several beach vendors that would come up and chat with my parents and offer a hug or two, remembering them from previous trips."

I liked that line. Goes to show that what's been said by some (in various ways) about vendors is true ... they really are "people".

"It is going to be very hard for them to leave the people."

Glad to know that your folks have had such good fortune to enjoy ACA and its people over the years. Many memories, I'm sure. What the future holds ... who knows?! Good luck to them.

RonVal38

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco