We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RonVal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Forest Lake, MN
reviews: 12
RonVal

When are you going to Aca.?

Connecticut
1. Re: RonVal

MnGuy -

Our get-aways are always in January (to escape some of NewEngland's coldest and snowiest winter weather - and to be "elsewhere" for my wife's b/day). This year, for two weeks ... as Val hits the Big "F" - and will be in need of additional "acceptance time". (I think it's a woman thing.)

Over the years, we've also found that January travel (be it Mexico or the Caribbean) is slightly less expensive - and a bit less crowded - than February/March ... a double bonus. And, by the time the holidays have passed, we're more-than-ready to get outta town.

We'll be heading back home - 2 days prior to your arrival.

Hope you folks enjoy both the b/day and the honeymoon - great place to celebrate!

Ron47

Forest Lake, MN
2. Re: RonVal

We usually go over Valintines day. But her birthday is Jan. 31. Is it your wifes big fo or fi birthday? My wife has been to Acapulco 22 times this will be 23. BTW if you are looking to pick up a gold or sliver trinket for her see Bernie at Paradise. We have had whatever we have purchased from him appraised when we got back and we find we paid about half the appraised value. Tell him Joy from Minnesota sent you.

Lyn

Connecticut
3. Re: RonVal

Your wife is very lucky to have been magnetized by this city. Good for her!

As for "Bernie @ Paradise" ... is he a beach vendor? More details if you can. Thanks.

Ron47

P.S. Wife's b/d mid-Jan. - and this one's the BIG "F", not the small one (though sh'ed prefer the latter of the two). Our anniversary happens to be 1st week Feb. - so it's always sort of a joint celebration, so to speak.

reviews: 1
4. Re: RonVal

happy aniversery.....and many more....zzaa

Forest Lake, MN
5. Re: RonVal

Bernie is not a beach vendor. He works out of Paradise. I would vouch for all his goods. He gets his silver from tasco but not sure where he gets his gold. If you go to Paradise on her birthday they will come to the table and pick your wife up in her chair sit her in front of everyone and sing happy birthday to her. Then if you want they will throw her in the pool (dosen't really have to be her birthday).

My wifes big one too. She looks 35 though.

Lyn

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 59
6. Re: RonVal

In January, it's too early for me...When I come the winter is still long...:-(((I prefer

February because spring is coming very soon when March comes.In Montreal it's freezing cold in February and I like to have my but on sandy beach....:-))))

Robert, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA

Connecticut
7. Re: RonVal

Lyn -

Thanks again for the info on Bernie.

We won't be at Paradise that day - and, for the record, if I ever did that "chair thing" OR (worse yet) that "pool thing" to my wife ... well, let's just say that I know better NOT to! (That mid-life "woman thing" is bad enough! LOL!)

Enjoy your trip - and "celebrate"!

Ron46

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco