We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Acapulco for 7 nights - should I try two different...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 36
Going to Acapulco for 7 nights - should I try two different...

What do you think?

I booked the Fairmont Acapulco Princess for all 7 nights, but some of the other hotels sound so beautiful, too. I am thinking if we should do 3 nights at the Camino Real, or maybe Fairmont Pierre Marques, just to try different hotels. Of course, I would hate to change if we end up loving the Princess. We are a family with 2 little boys (age 4 & 2) so it might be a pain to get up and move, or it might be exciting for them.

Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 15
1. Re: Going to Acapulco for 7 nights - should I try two different...

Whether changing hotels makes sense for you proably depends on whether or not you and your significant other want to pack everything/everyone up and move the short distance to the Camino Real Diamante. The two properties are very different, with one being on the Pacific Ocean and the other on Bahia Marques. The Princess is a very large property whereas the Camino Real is a more compact hotel site. Both properties, however, are well raited by guests who've stayed there . . . from what I've read.

As a guest of the Princess, you'll have access to the facilities of it's sister hotel - the Pierre Marques. The Pierre Marques is the older of the two and it's open only seasonally (unless they've recently changed policy).

There are lmany reviews for both hotels here on the TripAdvsor website, just enter the hotel name in the "search" box located at the upper left corner of the page and you'll find a link to the hotel guest comment pages.

If you're looking to split the trip between a couple of properties, why not consider moving into ACA, say . . . along the Costera Miguel Aleman and the bayside beaches?

The Emporio Continental Hotel might suit your needs if you choose to be "in town." It's in a part of town where there are lots of things to see and do along the Costera . . . McDonalds, Bing's Ice Cream, movie theaters, CiCi Water Park, video arcades, trinket shops, horse-drawn carriages, dozens of interesting restaurants, etc. The hotel has the most unique pool and winding river in town and the water at that beach is more calm than what you'll find out at the Princess. I think it's a great place for kids. There are reviews of the Emporio here on TA, also.