We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Todos Santos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 19
driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

We're spending 6 nights at Ranco Pescadero in March (we can't wait). Should I rent a car? Advantagess/disadvantages of having a car while there?

Boulder, Colorado
reviews: 28
1. Re: driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

Lucky you! We will also be there in march and it will be our 5th trip there!

I would definitely rent a car. It is about 1 1/2 or a bit more to drive there from

The airport. You will then have the freedom to go into Todos Santos if

You can pull yourself away from the Ranch! The Santa Fe restaurant in

TS is not to be missed. Also Michael Copes Gallery Todos Santos is first rate.

When will you be there? We will be there March 21-27.

We recommend renting a car from Dominic. domosanlucas@ prodigy.net.mx

He greets you at the airport and hands you the keys. All insurances and

Full tank of gas.

Chicago
2. Re: driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

Thank you for your advice and recommendations. We will be there March 11-17. It can't come soon enough.

Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 1
3. Re: driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

We'll be at Rancho Pescadaro in February. We are renting a Jeep Wrangler from Antonio @ Alamo since Dominic does not seem to rent Jeeps. We are hoping to get up to Laz Paz for a day trip to check out the malecón and Playa Tecolote/Playa Balandra.

Boulder, Colorado
reviews: 28
4. Re: driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

Just returned yesterday from our 4th stay at Rancho Pescadero and

continues to be perfection! Happy to report that the road construction

between Cerritos and Pescadero and between Pescadero and TS has

really progressed. Several bridges now complete and mostly all paved. We just rented a small little nissan and did just fine.

zolacolby please report back on your La Paz experience.....have never

gotten up there.

Chicago
5. Re: driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

I waited too long to rent a car and Dominic, about whom everyone raves, is booked. Can anyone tell me if they've had a good (or bad) experience with E-Z Rent-a-Car? Any other recommendations? Thanks, all.

Blacksburg, Virginia
reviews: 8
6. Re: driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

We used Alamo at the airport. They are not exactly on site but only a stones throw & have vans going all the time. Paid with MasterCard, which covers collision insurance, and paid extra for the liability. It was about $55/day overall for a small 4 door. No complaints. This was 1st part of Jan.

Chicago
7. Re: driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

Thanks very much. That's very helpful, especially to know that it's easy to get to Alamo.

Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 1
8. Re: driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

Never made it to La Paz. Rancho Pescadero was just too enticing. We rented a Jeep from Antonio at Alamo. Rental was easy and the vehicle was perfect.

The road from the airport to Todos Santos was decent, with many twistys and ups and downs. I loved it. I asked about the road to La Paz and received the reply that it was mostly flat and straight, and the the 'worst' part was Cabo to Todos.

Cascade MT
9. Re: driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

Great information - thank you all. I am going in June, by myself, and was wondering whether to shuttle or bus it to Todos Santos. Sounds like the drive will be very pretty and I, too, found Alamo online to be quite reasonable price-wise. I will also check the Dominic reference.

Thanks for your information!

Boston...
reviews: 52
10. Re: driving from Cabo airport to Rancho Pescadero

I'm interested in Rancho Pescadero - it looks to be right up our alley. But I am concerned about the drive. I hate to admit it but my Spanish sucks - and that's putting it nicely. I got to find out how awful it really is when we got lost driving in Costa Rica. So what's the likelihood of getting lost from the airport to Rancho Pescadero? And how big of a deal would it be that my Spanish consists of being able to ask where the bathroom is and how to order a beer? Thanks! :-)