We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from SD to TJ airport

Which Tijuana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 2
Transportation from SD to TJ airport

I'm flying out of TJ airport of the first time next month. We live in North SD. We are trying to decide what would be a better option...

1) Take the greyhound bus from Oceanside- TJ airport

or

2) drive to Otay Mesa or San Ysidro to park and walk across, and take a cab to the airport.

I have seen on this site info about a otay park and ride, but can't find a website or phone number for them, it seems they have gone out of biz? Has anyone used the lately.

We are flying Volaris and I know they have a shuttle, but it is too time consuming (have to be there 3 hours before your flight) Looking for the easiest/cheapest route. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

tbirdie

Whittier, California
reviews: 11
1. Re: Transportation from SD to TJ airport

I think the Otay Park is no longer in service as some poster indicated here time ago. I used the shuttle from Volaris and I felt very comfortable without the pressure of driving or finding a cab. The Greyhound bus is a good option but the Volaris service has contact with the airport and report the status of the shuttle to TIJ.

Tijuana
reviews: 1
2. Re: Transportation from SD to TJ airport

Try www.gringobajaguide.com or call 619-550-7890 for transportation to TJ airport.

Pick-up at your house in Oceanside and drop-off at TJ airport would be only $75 total for a group of up to 4 people, and you ride in a newer Ford Explorer, not a large van or bus. Cheap price, and you don't have to pay for parking.

Pickup at the border and drop-off at TJ airport only $35.

Check your messages for more details.

San Marcos
reviews: 28
3. Re: Transportation from SD to TJ airport

So what did you end up doing? (since I am also going to be doing exactly the same thing and am weighing the pros and cons of the various options).

Also, can you shed some light on where we are supposed to pick up the Tourist Card? And If you go by bus, whether the bus stops at the border to give you time to go pick up the Tourist Card from the counter etc.

thanks

4. Re: Transportation from SD to TJ airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 12, 2011