We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe transportation option from TJ to San Diego

Which Tijuana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
reviews: 1
Safe transportation option from TJ to San Diego

I have my family of 6 flying into TJ, and need a safe option to get across the border around 6 pm. Safety is my primary concern! What are your suggestions!!!!

Rosarito
1. Re: Safe transportation option from TJ to San Diego

Safety is not an issue. Are you going to drive across and pick them up at the airport (use the Otay Mesa crossing, it's close to the airport)? Or wait on the US side (they can take a Taxi to the Otay crossing and walk across). There are also a few (don't know any names, but search the internet) bus/van companies that can take them from the airport to San Diego.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
reviews: 47
2. Re: Safe transportation option from TJ to San Diego

Dave's right. The easiest option, in my opinion, is to simply drive across the border and pick them up at the airport. We make the drive from Rosarito to San Diego several times a week, as do all our friends in the area. We don't quake in our boots as we get into the car. We aren't afraid. I've never flown out of Tijuana, but I have many friends who have. They love it because the airport is nice, and it is small and easy to navigate.

Whittier, California
reviews: 11
3. Re: Safe transportation option from TJ to San Diego

I noticed two or three bus lines (if your family fly with Volaris they can use the airline shuttle) plus some private companies offering service from TIJ to San Diego. They are located by the arrivals zone exit and their fees are clearly marked. No way to miss them!

M

4. Re: Safe transportation option from TJ to San Diego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, August 27, 2009
5. Re: Safe transportation option from TJ to San Diego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 22, 2010