We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tijuana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 9
San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

I am looking for transportation from San Diego to Tijuana Airport for my family of 5. I know I can take SD trolley to border and get a taxi to ariport. There must be a shuttle service from somewhere in San Diego to TJ airport. Does anybody know?

94 replies to this topic
Milwaukee,WI.
reviews: 1
1. Re: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

Yes,there is the greyhound bus from downtown SanDiego to The Airport in Tijuana for 24.00usd taking 1-2-hours. I am also searching for shuttle as I am going in September. Post a note on the SanDiego forum TripAdvisor and you may get other results too.

San Diego...
2. Re: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

Thank You. I have found two other companies that do pick up at my house in Pacific Beach and deliver to TJ airport for $110-$125 one way for 5 people in a passenger van.

We decided we are going to take the Trolley from either Old town or Downtown to the border ($2.50 per person) walk across and take a taxi for about $25.

Milwaukee,WI.
3. Re: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

Did you try Five Star transportation they wanted 95.00usd for one person.

TijuanaBCN
4. Re: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

If you are using a Mexican airline many are now offering shuttle from the US to the airport...including Volaris...you can contact them via the airline web page for more info...if the airline does not have US to Tijuana shuttle...the yellow taxi at border entrance is best bet particularly if you are laden down with baggage...for two cabs I would not pay more than 20 bucks total....it is a very quick ride and you only need walk the equivalent of 2 or 3 city blocks to reach taxi stand

Milwaukee,WI.
5. Re: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

TO Greengro: I may take the greyhound in Sandiego to the tijuana airport. I am flying Aeromexico from Tijuana to Los Mochis, do they provide the service?

Milwaukee,WI.
6. Re: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

I found another compnay called Tijuana Airport transfer. They wanted 95.00usd for one person from SanDiego Airport to TIjuana airport. Indicated I oculd get the tourist card at the Tijuana airport.Phone number is 1-858-278-9441.

Milwaukee,WI.
7. Re: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

That should be for Aerocalifornia not Aeromexico,sorry.

San Diego...
8. Re: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

Aeromexico does not provide transport. I do not know about the others.

We got our tourist cards when we arrived in the airport in La Paz. It took about 5 minutes and cost about $20 per person.

By the way, the exchange rate at the exchange places in San Ysidro gave us the best rate we have seen the whole trip. Better than banks in La Paz. We had to select the exchange place carefully. There is a big difference in rates at every place. Generally, the places that have NO Commision are the best.

San Diego...
9. Re: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

Tijuana Airport Transfer is the one that said it would cost $120 for 5 persons.

San Diego...
10. Re: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle

Just returned from Mexico. When you arrive at TJ airport and want to get across the border to the US you can take a taxi or shuttle.

The taxi is about $20 and will drop you near the border so you can wait in line to cross. This usually takes about 30-45min and you might have to stand in the sun.

You can take the shuttle with Transportes intercalifornias inc or another company. You may have to wait until the scheduled departure so inquire before buying ticket. It cost $10 (or $6 if you have aeromexico boarding pass receipt). The bus goes in the expedited lane and drops you right at the immigration booth. You walk through immigration and don't wait in line. You exit to the US side right at the trolley stop. If you pay more the bus will take you on to LA, Fresno or a bunch of other places in California. This works good because you don't have to wait in line.

Reply to: San Diego / Tijuana airport shuttle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted