We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loreto first timers

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Loreto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cranbrook
reviews: 13
Loreto first timers

Thinking about going to Loreto in Oct/Nov 2013. We enjoy beachs and snorkelling and would like to try sport fishing. What else is there to do in Loreto to keep busy for a 7-8 day trip? Plan to stay in a hotel or condo (under a hundred dollars/night). We are not into night life but enjoy trying local restaurants. Prefer not to rent a car, is it easy getting around on buses and taxis?

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 44
1. Re: Loreto first timers

i can't give you much informative information but at least i'll bump this up for you. many, many years ago i drove from la paz to san diego and i always remember thinking how beautiful loreto was and thought if i ever had the opportunity again, i'd plan on staying there for a few days.

Orinda, Ca
reviews: 21
2. Re: Loreto first timers

Hello,

We stayed in Loreto Bay the first week in January. It was a tiny bit chilly for water sports but we had a wonderful time. Loreto Bay is a 10 minute drive to the town but it was a wonderful place for us to stay. The homes there are so beautiful.

We went into town several times and had wonderful meals! We plan to go back soon as we absolutely fell in love with Loreto. Feel free to send me a msg if you want more specific information.

Buen viaje, Kim

Wainwright, AB
3. Re: Loreto first timers

we are going to Loreto feb 16, staying at villa del palmar. Would you recommend getting a rental car? Are they available at the airport?

Orinda, Ca
reviews: 21
4. Re: Loreto first timers

We rented from Alamo at the airport and it was pretty easy. roads good, rental good, all good...fabulous trip. Msg me if I can help with any details!

Kim

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 30
5. Re: Loreto first timers

Hey, my brother's in Kimberley. Just so you know, have a look at the bottom section of page 114 Frommer's Los Cabos and Baja 4th edition.

Gord

Lake Tahoe
reviews: 38
6. Re: Loreto first timers

Loreto is a great town to get around by walking. We never rent a car and have walked the entire town more than once. The people are friendly and the history there is amazing. You will not get bored on a 8 day trip as there is so much to see and do. The Tiburon Casitas is a nice place to stay for your first time there. It is less than $100 night and Liz, the owner, is very helpful. We ended up spending about 3 weeks in Loreto on two separate trips last year, and I a headed down for a 10 day trip in several weeks. The fishing is great and the snorkeling is as good as it gets.

7. Re: Loreto first timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 28, 2014