We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sightseeing info please

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Loreto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 19
sightseeing info please

Well we have finally booked and we will spend a week at Coco Cabanas from May 18th to the 25th before heading off to Cabo. We are really excited to get to know the area and look forward to meeting the CC staff. We will get some info on fishing and restaurants from CC but do you have to rely on tour companies for snorkeling? Obviously we could take a taxie to the mission to look around but can you get to any of the good snorkel sites without a tour group? We would like to take a lot of pictures, check out the local history, snorkel, bird watch and of course eat. Any suggestions? Thanks Janice

Seattle
reviews: 3
1. Re: sightseeing info please

I would suggest you try snorkeling around Nopolo rock which is at the Loreto Bay Inn about 10 km south of Loreto. There are also a few restaurants in the Villages of Loreto Bay as well as the Vista del Mar which is another 3 km south along the beach for some great stuffed chocolate clams. Downtown Loreto has many great restaurants as well.

Seattle
reviews: 3
2. Re: sightseeing info please

I forgot to send you this link to birds of Baja. I think you can hire the guy who does this website to take you around Loreto Bay to spot birds as well.

http://www.bcsbirds.com

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 19
3. Re: sightseeing info please

Thanks for the info. I love your food picture and we visit Seattle often, what a wonderful city!! I have been recommended Vista del Mar and this is the kind of place we love. We love local fare especially where the locals eat. We plan to try VDM, El Rey Del Taco, La Palapa, Mexico Lindo y Que Rico for sure. Speaking of food there is an incredible restaurant in Huatulco that has a full-on woodburning pizza oven with two cooks making pizza by hand, La Crema. I know my husband would go mad if we found a similar restaurant in Loreto. Funny we crave seafood and mexican dishes but we still need a good hamburger, pizza fix somewhere along the way on a holiday. Thanks again Richard

4. Re: sightseeing info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 26, 2014