We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playas y Ninos in La Paz

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
Playas y Ninos in La Paz

Hola Walter, or whomever else might pitch in with some info, I am thinking of taking a week's trip at the end of March to La Paz with my wife and 3 mos old baby. Are there any beach hotels in La Paz that are child-friendly? My wife wants to find a hotel with a pool that will pamper her. How are the beaches of La Paz? Do they compare with the beaches south of Mulege? (bahia concepcion) Gracias.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
1. Re: Playas y Ninos in La Paz

Personally, we weren't thrilled w/the beaches in La Paz. It appeared to be a very low tide the entire 3 days we were there! Check AS and their new flts. to LTO....they may have some great prices, but haven't looked lately.

oakland
2. Re: Playas y Ninos in La Paz

XAIME, You might enjoy going to the Cabanas Los Arcos in La Paz. They have a very lovely garden setting, are adjacent to the Hotel Los Arcos, and waterfront. Both have pools. At cabanas, warm and freeform. At the Hotel, it was nice, with different levels of water. I saw quite a few young children there in the shallow ledges.

I was there recently for 11 days and there were some families with babies. The cabanas and hotel itself is very casual.

Room service is available 24 hours a day from the Hotel's restaurant and costs the same as the restaurant. Very reasonable.

The staff is very nice.

The waterfront has small pocket type beaches along it's edge.

It is fun to just walk and enjoy the view.

The waterfront is not the same type of beach as going outside of town to Playa Tecolote [which is wonderful]. However it would probably be great to just take the stroller and go along the paved waterfront , eat ice cream, see the sites.

I plan to reurn with a larger family group next year with kids ages 1-13.

La Paz is a great place. Not touristy , reasonable costs for lodging, drinks, seafood, and tacos and ice cream, clean food [11 days no stomach trouble] and what sunsets!

With a 3 month old baby, this might be a good choice for a destination. Just kicking by Las Cabanas pool was wonderful.

Hope you, your wife and baby enjoy the trip. MARTHA