We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Resort in/near La Paz

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Or
reviews: 2
Beach Resort in/near La Paz

We've just returned from Los Cabos, or South San Diego as it felt to me, and want to have a nice beach experience in a more Mexican setting. Are there good beach hotels near La Paz? I don't seem to see anything other the the Marina Hotel?

Thanks

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
1. Re: Beach Resort in/near La Paz

You can look at La Concha in La Paz, but you might find someplace like Los Barilles more to your liking if you want a Mexican village feel. I have the name and info on a small casita property there if you are interested. San Jose del Cabo is also more traditional than Cabo San Lucas. Todos Santos is also very charming, and while it is growing, you still have the feeling of a small village. There are several nice properties there as well.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 67
2. Re: Beach Resort in/near La Paz

Katd is giving excellent advise. Now the Condos at Los Conchas are very nice but not a real Mexican feel although you are but a short cab ride from El Centro which is very Mexican. La Paz while the state capitol still has a small town feel to me.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
3. Re: Beach Resort in/near La Paz

Hey, Peddler-nice to meet you :-)

Portland, Or
4. Re: Beach Resort in/near La Paz

Hey guys,

Thanks for the reply. I've read some mixed reviews on La Concha, but it seems like the best option other than the Marina.

Katd, is the casita you mentioned on/near the beach?

Thanks

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
5. Re: Beach Resort in/near La Paz

It is very close to the beach. My best girlfriend has stayed there and loves it! It is quite new-has a very comfy bed (which is important), is very clean, ans a nice kitchen, etc. She goes to Los Barilles frequently, and will eventually move there, so she's pretty well acquainted with the area. (She LOVES to fish-has her own panga there!) She is a nut about cleanliness, so if it passed her inspection, it's CLEAN ;-)

Portland, Or
6. Re: Beach Resort in/near La Paz

Thanks for the details. Much of what I love about Mexico is watching the ocean from the balcony, all of the birds and occasional marine life, so I guess I'll hold out for that. Thanks for your suggestions.

7. Re: Beach Resort in/near La Paz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 31, 2009