We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sport fishing La Bufadora

Which Ensenada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Olympia, WA
reviews: 3
sport fishing La Bufadora

Has anyone fished with Vonny's fleet? What is the fishing like and how are the water conditions? How about the cabins that Vonny offers? Are they clean. I don't care if they are basic just want clean. If anyone has recomendations of places or experience with Vonny's fleet please let me know.

Gracias

Davis, California
1. Re: sport fishing La Bufadora

I've fished with Vonny's Fleet many times. Ivan is great and speaks english as if he were from Los Angeles. Meet the guide(Beto's the best) and Ivan at his shop, have a cup of coffee and then ride in the back of a old truck to the beach. Somewhat wet beach launch then fishing for whatever is biting out of pangas! We've caught yellowtail to 25lbs on aluminum jigs when they're pushing bait to the surface Wide open baracuda and bonito on silver spoons last fall. Lingcod and rockcod on plastics or frozen anchovies on my last trip in the spring. Return just after noon and then the guide will fillet your catch. I've never stayed at his cabin, usually I stay at one of the kitchen units at the Estero Beach Resort. I'll be fishing with Beto and Ivan this thursday! They're a first class outfit and loads of fun.

My daughter who had never fished in the ocean before had very good luck with the rockfish and lingcod.

Hope this helps......Rich "Asian Fishing Fool"

Olympia, WA
2. Re: sport fishing La Bufadora

Thank you so very much. Do you have a contact for the cabin you stay at? WE are going to go wi9th Vonny as I have heard nothing but great news.

Hope you have a great fishing trip. Mucho Pesca me amigo

Davis, California
3. Re: sport fishing La Bufadora

I don't stay at one of the cabins but instead spend a little more money and stay at the Estero Beach Resort. A somewhat ageing hotel across the estero from Punta Banda. The web site is www.hotelesterobeach.com. I stay in one of the kitchen units so that I have a full size refrigerator to freeze my catch. They have a sunday through thursday special right now for the non kitchen units by the pool for $80/night. Great pool for the kids if the weather is warm. On the last trip there was plenty of bonita from 3-10lbs both on the rapala CD-18s and silver kastmasters. One 20lb yellowtail,lots of rockfish and a few lingcod. Brought both light gear for the shallow water rockfish and bonita and heavier gear for the yellowtail. We threw light iron for the surface yellowtail. Lots of bait in the water. Good luck and I'll look for your photos on mexfish.com since Ivan likes to post there. Have a good time! I'll be back fishing two days with them on the third week of october.

Olympia, WA
4. Re: sport fishing La Bufadora

I was just going to ask if you bring your own gear or rent from him. Sounds like you bring your own. If I being my own I'll have to do a little research on what to buy but that shouldn't be too big of a deal. I will likely bring my own just so I know we can fish with light gear. I really hate using heavy gear unless you think you are really going to get into something. Today I did call Ivan and reserved all of his boats for a weekend in November.

Good luck on your trip. Thanks for the information and look forward to hearing how you do.

5. Re: sport fishing La Bufadora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 19, 2009