We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ensenada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 110
Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

Hi!

We are arriving in Ensenada in January and heard many great things about Las Canadas Canopy Tour.

Has anyone taken the taxi or arranged for this excursion independently? We will be arriving with the Princess and would like to obtain transportation. How much is the fare and how many miles, and how far are the zip lines from port?

THANK YOU all in advance for your help!

27 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 12
1. Re: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

lascanadas.com/en/Canopy-Tour-Zipline.html might give you the info you seek.. we too are cruising with Princess but will be in Ensenada early Feb.

las vegas
2. Re: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

I would guess that the distance from the ship to the zip line is about 30 miles each way. You would probably want to negotiate a taxi for the whole day.

Edited: 5:53 pm, December 26, 2013
Baja California...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

I do that all of the time , whats the problem?

4. Re: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:13 am, May 21, 2014
Edited: 8:13 am, May 21, 2014

reviews: 3
5. Re: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

How did your excursion go? And how did you end up handling transportation? I want to do the canopy tour, but will have to have my boyfriend wait somewhere for me.

6. Re: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

A lovely time and full day in Ensenada with zip mining, La Bufadora and diwntown fir less than 1/2 the cost in cruise ship!

9 am- met our driver Ramon from Bakersfield, California who speaks very good English. Tell him Sharon, the Asian from SF, sent you so you can get a good deal. He is taxi #9. You walk outside the ship , go towards the outside gates on your left and you will see taxis waiting. Because we had 8 people, we negotiated the transport for $14 USD a person and gave $6 tip because he was worth it.

9:30 am - La Bufadora (1 of 3 blow holes in the world) with 300 vendors in street marketplace.

Wow! A beautiful natural wonder. Took pictures here and shipped for curios at market place. Cheaper here than downtown vendors. Make sure to bargain! Ride to Los Canadas is about 30 minutes....

12:30 pm Los Canadas canopy Tour is awesome!!! We loved every minute . You may want to bring gloves for suspension bridge. We are in our 40's and early 59's in good shape. Fun! Very safe! Clean! Great tour guides! Only $20 USD

5 zip lines and 5 bridges-- 1 hour and 15 minutes. Ride into city downtown 35 minutes....

2:30 pm- Downtown , got dropped off on Main Street corner of Papas and Beer and Hussons.

Don't go to these two famous places where they serve tourists. Instead we go where the locals go.... On the same street, but next block over is La Compadre!!! Bruno is owner and was trained in Napa Valley cooking School in Californua, speaks great English ! His mom runs the other side of restaurant where you order beef, pork, chicken etc ... Whereas Bruno takes care of all the sea food. Tacos are about $1.30-$1.50 USD! While there, the entire place was filled to capacity with locals and .... At least 10 bartenders from papas and beer ! We came visited twice since we were on back to back cruises ! Although Bruno fries great seafood, we requested grilled shrimp tacos. Extraordinary!!!

His mom makes great Carne Asada and chicken tacos! Sauces and condiments are fresh and delicious ! Tell Bruno that Sharon sent you from SF! He will know what to make! It was special !!!! Enjoy your trip!!!

7. Re: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

A lovely time and full day in Ensenada with zip mining, La Bufadora and diwntown fir less than 1/2 the cost in cruise ship!

9 am- met our driver Ramon from Bakersfield, California who speaks very good English. Tell him Sharon, the Asian from SF, sent you so you can get a good deal. He is taxi #9. You walk outside the ship , go towards the outside gates on your left and you will see taxis waiting. Because we had 8 people, we negotiated the transport for $14 USD a person and gave $6 tip because he was worth it.

9:30 am - La Bufadora (1 of 3 blow holes in the world) with 300 vendors in street marketplace.

Wow! A beautiful natural wonder. Took pictures here and shipped for curios at market place. Cheaper here than downtown vendors. Make sure to bargain! Ride to Los Canadas is about 30 minutes....

12:30 pm Los Canadas canopy Tour is awesome!!! We loved every minute . You may want to bring gloves for suspension bridge. We are in our 40's and early 59's in good shape. Fun! Very safe! Clean! Great tour guides! Only $20 USD

5 zip lines and 5 bridges-- 1 hour and 15 minutes. Ride into city downtown 35 minutes....

2:30 pm- Downtown , got dropped off on Main Street corner of Papas and Beer and Hussons.

Don't go to these two famous places where they serve tourists. Instead we go where the locals go.... On the same street, but next block over is La Compadre!!! Bruno is owner and was trained in Napa Valley cooking School in Californua, speaks great English ! His mom runs the other side of restaurant where you order beef, pork, chicken etc ... Whereas Bruno takes care of all the sea food. Tacos are about $1.30-$1.50 USD! While there, the entire place was filled to capacity with locals and .... At least 10 bartenders from papas and beer ! We came visited twice since we were on back to back cruises ! Although Bruno fries great seafood, we requested grilled shrimp tacos. Extraordinary!!!

His mom makes great Carne Asada and chicken tacos! Sauces and condiments are fresh and delicious ! Tell Bruno that Sharon sent you from SF! He will know what to make! It was special !!!! Enjoy your trip!!!

8. Re: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

Baja California...
9. Re: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

Actually you got it for more than half of what the Cruise would charge ( first the Cruise does not have the zipline tour t) even just the blowhole (depending on the Cruise) tour

Will cost from 27-34 something dollars . just for the blowhole

And even non cruise company that are usually half of what the cruise tours cost's II know that the zipline tour and bufadora tours with cheapest tour companys will cost 50 dollars ( incluiding the zipline tour entrance cost) . so that would be like paying 30 dollars for the transport only per person so you actually pay around 1/4 off the price ....!!

When i see taxi drivers getting priccess that low , I get worried and get a bit sad .. becuase

1.- when they get that low usually that was not a good they for them they were a bit desperated and they were forced to give such low pricess .

2.-They my not say it or show it but they will be not totally happy about it .. and can be complaining inside of them all the way

( if i'm taxing a cab on a Mexican highway I want my driver to be happy and concentraded on hes driving 1000% BELIVE ME !! )

Giving such cheap pricess they are not going to have money to buy really good tires, good breaks and other critical parts of the cars or by a better car that will make the trip safer

And again taking the Mexican highway you want the driver car in the best condition possible

I write this becuase i really worry when i see that .

3.-

Edited: 1:14 pm, January 29, 2014
Baja California...
10. Re: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...

BTW i have never seen a cruise catalog with the Zipline Tour option , has anobody has seen that options on any other Cruises? i have not ..

Edited: 1:22 pm, January 29, 2014
Reply to: Princess Cruise--want to zip line! Need help...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted