We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiestas de la Vendimia

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ensenada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
reviews: 109
Fiestas de la Vendimia

A group of us are heading down for a week to enjoy the festivities of fiestas de la vendimia. We are looking to hire a driver one or two of the days. I've contacted Steve Dryden but unfortunately he is not in the area.

All my searching for tours have resulted in scheduled tours from San Diego. I'm looking for someone to either simply drive us in our Excursion, or someone that has a van that can hold all 6 of us and shuttle us around to wineries and dinner in the evening, only 1 or 2 days.

Anyone know of anyone they can personally recommend? Has anyone hired a taxi for the entire day?

San Diego
1. Re: Fiestas de la Vendimia

Christian Ministries often rent a van for groups. openarmsmexico.org/blog/travel-information/ recommending ASAP Rent A Van on this URL. You must have permission from the company to take a rental into Mexico.

I'll keep my eyes open.

Edited: 3:54 pm, July 19, 2013
Las Vegas
2. Re: Fiestas de la Vendimia

Thanks. What I'm really looking for is someone to drive us in our Excursion (basically be our designated driver) for a day or two.

When I get down there next week I'm going to talk to some taxi drivers and see how much we can "rent" them for the entire day. We've done this in Cabo before and it's usually cost us around $100/day and it's worked out well. We've had the taxi ( a large van) for the entire day and night.

If anyone out there knows of any tours let me know :-) Gracias!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
reviews: 67
3. Re: Fiestas de la Vendimia

You can locate taxi vans in front of Hussong's and $100 a day sounds reasonable.

You may even want to look up Sitara Perez, she is a local wine expert in the Guadalupe Valley who makes her own wine and does tours. Her website:

valleygirlbajawine.com/now-offering-valley-g… - if she cannot personal assist you, whe may know someone who can.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy the Festival! Would love to read about it on TA!

Las Vegas
4. Re: Fiestas de la Vendimia

Hi DJ - I've been emailing with Sitara Perez and maybe we'll work something out. What I'm really looking for is a driver and I'll probably end up hiring a taxi.

It's soooo hard planning this trip because there aren't a lot of events posted online. I guess we're going to have to just get down there and play it by ear. We're going August 1-August 9 and I will definitely write up a trip report!

If anyone has any information on activities going on in the wine country, please share!!!! I'm only able to find the big dinners in the evenings and we're not interested in that...we're more interested in the daytime activities, like music and food events taking place at the wineries. We know someone who is setting up his restaurant under a tent next to one of the vineyards during the day....stuff like that!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Fiestas de la Vendimia

I am all about planning ahead and in Baja - it's hard to do because there is not alot of available information out there. Sitara will be your best source as she has her finger on the pulse of the valley.

The good news is, the lack of planning creates spontaneous adventures that you may have never had before. It's magical, can be romantic and it's always beautiful!

Enjoy!

Las Vegas
6. Re: Fiestas de la Vendimia

Thanks DJ. We're dialed in with Sitara and it sounds like she's going to guide us around at least one day :-)

Ensenada, Mexico
reviews: 14
7. Re: Fiestas de la Vendimia

Glad you are coming down for our Fiestas de la Vendimia. You can get info on all events at Baja.com, ensenada, events, vendimia. If you still need a driver, I may be able to find someone that is bilingual and knows the area. I have a well know restaurant in Ensenada, El Rey Sol, Mexico's oldest french restaurant founded by my mother in 1947. Please email me at jlb@elreysol.com for more info or if you still need help. Have a great time, Jean-Loup Bitterlin

Las Vegas
8. Re: Fiestas de la Vendimia

We are here now enjoying ourselves immensely...here for another week....I will contact you tonight for more info...thank you very much!

Meeting up with Sitara this morning--should be a great day!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
9. Re: Fiestas de la Vendimia

El Rey Sol is our FAVORITE fine dining restaurant in Ensenada.

Terrific wine selection and the food and desserts are delicious. The table-side ceasar is a MUST. The older gentleman that plays his guitar and sings so beautifully is always a treat.

Mr. Bitterlin, we will be in Ensenada over 08.31-09.02, we hope to stop by while we are in town.

10. Re: Fiestas de la Vendimia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 08, 2014