We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Beach House Rental -driving to and close by

Which Ensenada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Costa Mesa...
Vacation Beach House Rental -driving to and close by

My sister and I are renting a house on the beach near Punt Banda. We wanted to know how the drive down and past Ensenada is and if anyone knows that area and suggestions on the area and places eat, activities.

San Diego
1. Re: Vacation Beach House Rental -driving to and close by

Ensenada has lots of activites (they are a cruise ship destination), and many places to eat, Coral Hotel and San Nicolas are popular, the fish market is iconic and lots of places around it where the fish is prepaired. Here is a link to driving down the coast - instant-mex-auto-insur.com/baja-log/… And past Ensenada instant-mex-auto-insur.com/baja-log/…

If you have time to visit Valle de Guadalupe the Fiesta of the Flowering Vineyards takes place May 18th. The Russian town in the Valley is also an Icon place to visit. Valle de Guadalupe information - instant-mex-auto-insur.com/baja-log/…

Edited: 1:00 pm, April 18, 2013
Costa Mesa...
2. Re: Vacation Beach House Rental -driving to and close by

Thank you so much for the information. Many of my coworkers are telling me it is not safe for two girls to drive there alone. Is there safety in numbers or having a male vacationer along? My sister is nervous and I am not, so we have some debating back and forth on the subject.

Is it also true that the line to get back in the US is 2 hours long? We are bringing our dogs with us with all health certificates and paperwork since we are there a week. Will it take even longer if we have dogs coming back across?

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
reviews: 47
3. Re: Vacation Beach House Rental -driving to and close by

You and your sister will be safe driving with just the two of you.

San Diego
4. Re: Vacation Beach House Rental -driving to and close by

If a tourist were coming to San Diego, and worried about security; I would tell them that there are both safe areas and not safe areas. Coronado for example would be an area that has many tourists and fairly quite community. The places tourist normally visit such as sea world, Chula Vista Water Park, Downtown during the day are safe. I would not suggest leaving the car unlocked in shopping centers nor wandering alone downtown at night, and there are areas the trolley goes through that are not good places to visit at night ... A good indication that an area is safe is what people are doing; for example if people are not relaxed and enjoying themselves, etc.

It is an instictive to not feel safe in areas where people are not relaxed, or enjoying themselves. Those places even if safe, like a hospital, are not enjoyable places to visit. So don't.

I would say the same thing about people traveling anywhere else. Punt Banda would be more like San Diego's Coronado or Leucadia in Ensenada, And downtown is a touristy area, (more so around the Hotels, etc). I would guess around 50,000 people live in Carlsbad and Ensenada about the same. And compare safety between the two. Going to the beach in the day, resturants and clubs at night, watching shows, shopping, etc in both places is safe. Leaving money sitting on the dash when shopping is not safe in either place.

5. Re: Vacation Beach House Rental -driving to and close by

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 26, 2014