We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruising out of Ensenada

Which Ensenada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oswego, New York
reviews: 5
Cruising out of Ensenada

I will be taking a cruise out of Ensenada next October and will be flying into San Diego. How will I get to the port in Ensenada from San Diego? How much will it cost and how long will it take? Thank you in advance for any assistance with this.

Jackie

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
reviews: 47
1. Re: Cruising out of Ensenada

Unless your cruise line checks you in while you are in San Diego and then loads a bus and takes you to Ensenada, you aren't going to like the process of getting there much at all.

1. You have to get from the airport to the border--expensive by taxi. Alternatively, you can take a taxi to the trolley stop and take the trolley to the border. Then, you'll have to walk across the border (which involves steps and walking over about 16 lanes of traffic, and you'll be handeling your luggage. Then, you'll need to take a taxi to Ensenada (probably around $100.00, maybe more) or take a bus to Ensenada (obviously, less costly by a lot, but it will have a schedule which may/may not match your needs.

2. You might find it less stressful to plan on going a day or two early and spending a night or two in Ensenada so that it would be an easy taxi ride to the port.

I think, though, that the first thing to do is to call the cruise line and ask if they have transportation available. I'm sure that if they do, that will be the least in-convenient way to get there--and it may not cost much, if any, more than "doing it yourself."

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
reviews: 66
2. Re: Cruising out of Ensenada

PStreet1 is absolutely correct with this information.

One thing to add, if you do not have pre-arranged transportation to Ensenada, I would look into arriving a day or two early (start your vacation EARLY) and staying at Coral and Marina ($8 cab ride to the port where the ship will be). They offer transportation to their hotel from one of the marina stores in San Diego, but I'm not sure which one or the cost of the cost (call them to find out). I'm sure the more people you have, the more cost effective it will be.

Ensenada has fabulous wine country and tours are reasonable. In additon, the gastronomy in both Guadalupe Valley and Ensenada is incredible.

Enjoy!

San Diego...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Cruising out of Ensenada

totally agre with pstreet1 recommendations nailed it

4. Re: Cruising out of Ensenada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 18, 2013