We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please - tipping at Hilton los Cabos

Seattle, Washington
Advice please - tipping at Hilton los Cabos

Hi all,

My family is set for our first visit to the Cabos area next week and chose the Hilton based on all the incredible reviews here.

Can anyone give advice regarding tipping there? What should we expect? Is tipping for drinks, towels, room cleaning , etc. expected there or is it pretty casual? Not opposed to the idea just want to know if I should be packing a bunch of small bills!!!

Thx...

Graham, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Advice please - tipping at Hilton los Cabos

I tip in Cabo or anywhere that we travel the same as I do at home. Using pesos is best.

San Diego
2. Re: Advice please - tipping at Hilton los Cabos

Tipping in Mexico can be confusing. Mexicanos tip very little in most situations, a few pesos. In resorts they might do a little more. If you're a visitor, do what you would do at home. For good or bad service. Service people make very little in Mexico and appreciate gratuities. Ask at the hotel what they think is appropriate. And then make a friend of a local and get another opinion. At the end of the stay I always leave a tip for the people who take care of the room.

3. Re: Advice please - tipping at Hilton los Cabos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 26, 2014