We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it safe to travel alone by bus in the north?

Shanghai, China
reviews: 1
is it safe to travel alone by bus in the north?

I'm planning a long trip to Mexico starting from San Diego, I had originally wanted to skip the unsafe north Mexico and fly directly to DF then going all the way south, but on second thought I'd like to have a look at, say, Monterrey, to see the industrial side of Mexico as i‘m interested to have a "complete" experience of Mexican culture. My concern is: is it safe for a gal to travel by bus through northern Mexico (with stopovers along the way)?

And does it worth it? - I mean are there many places in the north worth a visit? (I'm not very interested in those beach resort kind of thing...)

Thanks!

Queretaro, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Queretaro
reviews: 9
1. Re: is it safe to travel alone by bus in the north?

Please fly - there is not a lot to see in the North. I wouldn't have any safety concerns about bus travel but it is a long way before you hit any place I would consider interesting (apart from the Copper Canyon). Monterrey is a large modern city with some interesting museums etc. but I wouldn't make a special trip there.

Shanghai, China
reviews: 1
2. Re: is it safe to travel alone by bus in the north?

That's what I suspected. Thanks a lot!

3. Re: is it safe to travel alone by bus in the north?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, December 16, 2013