We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on Krabi Night Markets and Food

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
Help on Krabi Night Markets and Food

Hi all,

I'll be in Krabi from 14th to 17th April with my boyfriend and have a few questions to ask!

We will be staying at The Small Resort.

14/4: Touching down Krabi at 11am, will be doing a Krabi city tour before heading back to the hotel to check in. If time permits, we may want to visit the "Walking Street" night market since its open. As our tour doesn't cover the night market and we don't want to carry our luggage around, we will probably check-in first before heading out again. I am thinking of taking a tuktuk or bus out to town and back again, is this advisable?

15/4 & 16/4: Heading out for the 4 island tour on the 15th and phiphi+bamboo on the 16th. Our evenings would be free so i'm planning to explore more night markets around Ao Nang. Will there be any night markets open that are walkable distance from our resort?

We may also want to try Massaman Restaurant & Bar and Ao Nang Boat Noodle. From what I understand it is near Mcdonalds. Is this of walkable distanceto our hotel? I cant seem to find our hotel on the maps.

17/4: Our flight is in the morning at 10am, so we will probably just watch the sunrise from Ao Nang or Nopparat Thara Beach. Any good spots to recommend for watching the sunrise?

We're opened to any other suggestions on how to spend our evenings and last day too! Thank you :)

Edited: 2:27 am, April 11, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
1. Re: Help on Krabi Night Markets and Food

Hi all,

Just got back from Krabi, had lots of fun!

Will answer a few of my questions in case anyone is interested.

We took a tuktuk out to krabi town, it was 400 baht for a trip down and the same back.

Price was quite expensive as there were only 2 of us, it is stated that it takes max 4 per ride but we saw 8 people getting onto another tuktuk. Prices are all stated on the signboards where they park their tuktuks. The tuktuk uncle waited for us until we came back and collected the fare only after the whole trip - which we found worth paying a little more since he trusted us.

We visited Chao Fa Pier which were mostly fruit stalls and headed down to the "Walking Street" market where we found lots of good food. Shopping here is quite limited though.

The next evening we explored the shops down ao nang. There are many things to shop for here. Walked down to Massaman Restaurant & Bar which took us around 20 minutes. Tried the massaman curry and tom yum soup which was really good. On the second evening we walked out again and had our dinner at luck yim. The food was equally good and we were even served complimentary fruits. Went for a massage at Thai Siam Massage, highly recommended!

Didn't manage to watch the sunrise as it was raining very heavily.

Hope this helps :)

Adelaide
reviews: 6
2. Re: Help on Krabi Night Markets and Food

Oooh I never realised you could watch the sunset from there...it's not something I had given much thought to really. We only get beach sunsets where we live and same with where we have stayed on other holidays including Phuket and Lanta....so we've never actually seen a beach sunrise before...so excited...thanks for pointing this out!!

3. Re: Help on Krabi Night Markets and Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang