We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, England
reviews: 1
Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

Hi. We're in Ao Nang at the mo, due to go out to Koh Lanta in a few days. Could someone please let me know how to get to Koh Lanta on the ferry? I know there is a pier a short distance away from Ao Nang but just wondering if we need to get a taxi to the pier then buy tickets for the ferry at the pier. Is that right?

Thanks

Bec

Ao Nang, Thailand
reviews: 25
1. Re: Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

It will be better to just buy your tickets from any tour agents. The ticket should be 470 baht/person if I am not mistaken. The price will include free pick-up service from your hotel to bring you to the pier on the day of your departure.

Nottingham, England
2. Re: Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

Hi Andessen

Thank you so much for your reply. Your advice on this website has been so helpful. Thanks so much

Bec

Ao Nang, Thailand
3. Re: Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

You're most welcome Bec. :)

reviews: 24
4. Re: Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

The price has gone up to 550, the boat leaves at 10:30 arriving Lanta 12.45

Ao Nang, Thailand
5. Re: Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

Price have not gone up. I have checked. It is still 470 baht.

London, United...
reviews: 36
6. Re: Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

Yes, agree with Andessen (who is very informative). Travel agent in Ao Nang even gave me a 20 baht discount so it cost 450 baht, a week ago.

Adelaide
reviews: 6
7. Re: Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

Does this ferry work in August?

Ao Nang, Thailand
8. Re: Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

Ferry from Ao Nang to Koh Lanta do not operate during the low season of May - Oct.

Adelaide
reviews: 6
9. Re: Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

That's what I thought, thanks! By road it is then...

San Francisco...
10. Re: Ao Nang to Koh Lanta

I would recommend going by road, since it is cheaper and pretty fast (depending on traffic) and it drops you off right at your hotel. I don't know about Ao Nang, but I took the minivan from Krabi Town and booked from Boonrub Travel & Tour and it cost me only 250 Bath, which was the cheapest I got. I don't know if that agency also arranges from Ao Nang, though, but trips from Ao Nang to Krabi Town with the public tuk tuk cost only 60 Bath.