We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are GBP OK for Thailand or I should have USD?

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw
reviews: 23
Are GBP OK for Thailand or I should have USD?

Hello,

I would like to go to Thailand with GBP. Can anyone advise whether it is OK or I should buy USD beforehand due to more favourable exchange rate. regards marcin

Bangkok, Thailand
1. Re: Are GBP OK for Thailand or I should have USD?

Don't change GBP to USD - you'll lose out twice in currency exchanges doing that. Your pounds can easily be exchanged for real money in most banks and every exchange booth.

Here's a very informative link from the Top Questions on the right:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand…

cardiff
reviews: 3
2. Re: Are GBP OK for Thailand or I should have USD?

Just take thai bhat......get it from your loccal post office or exchange in the airport. And if you plan togo to any islands be sure to have enough cash for that stay as yucant always exchange.

Bangkok, Thailand
3. Re: Are GBP OK for Thailand or I should have USD?

Don't change your GBP into baht before you leave whatever you do. The exchange rate in Thailand is much better than in Europe. You can change money at Bangkok airport.

Warsaw
reviews: 23
4. Re: Are GBP OK for Thailand or I should have USD?

many thanks!

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
5. Re: Are GBP OK for Thailand or I should have USD?

Hi,

Definitely stick with your UK Sterling !

6. Re: Are GBP OK for Thailand or I should have USD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 11, 2013