We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric shock tragedy in hotel shower?

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arctica
posts: 886
reviews: 8
Electric shock tragedy in hotel shower?

I just heard that two young tourists were found dead in the shower at their hotel room in Ao Nang, apparently from electricity lead by the water.

I don`t know which hotel, but hopefully it will be closed during the investigation.

Perth, Australia
posts: 3,532
reviews: 37
11. Re: Electric shock tragedy in hotel shower?

Caroline, the link to the article that bbtony posted has a comment that says the tragedy occurred at Mild Bungalows, (Bungalow A2).

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
posts: 9,022
reviews: 38
12. Re: Electric shock tragedy in hotel shower?

sorry - I did read the link but somehow didn't see the name. Thanks.

Caroline.

arctica
posts: 886
reviews: 8
13. Re: Electric shock tragedy in hotel shower?

Journalists reported the bungalows quiet (closed?) with no guests yesterday, and speculate on whether the flooding had something to do with the electricity being lead by water, or maybe increased existing electrical problems.

A sad story for everyone involved. Hope something good will come out of it. At least, more awareness.

14. Re: Electric shock tragedy in hotel shower?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, October 25, 2012