We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from Innsbruck to val gardena

Which South Tyrol Province hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boxtel, The...
transfer from Innsbruck to val gardena

hello,

i will be travelling from innsbruck airport to val gardena on monday 31-december 2012. My plane will land on 13.45

I need (low costs) transport from the airport to ANY PLACE in Val gardena..

My husband will be picking me up at the arrival point.

The buss transfers are not on mondays and the train looks complicated. I can't get any wiser from the information on the internet.

can anyone please help me?

thanks a lot!

Patricia

1 reply
munich
reviews: 38
1. Re: transfer from Innsbruck to val gardena

Answered your Austrian post but here again.

You now confuse the matter. You have posted on the Alta Badia forum but state anywhere in Val Gardena. The Val Gardena is not connected to Alta Badia by direct public transport so it is imperative that you state EXACTLY where you want to go. State even the Hotel as there maybe no reason for your husband to travel too far. The route from Innsbruck to Val Gardena and Alta Badia will be different

INNSBRUCK TO VAL GARDENA

Take the train to Ponte Gardena/Waidbruck www.oebb.at then the 350 Bus service. The 350 Bus service runs every 30mins or so and takes ~ 35mins to Ortisei ~ 40mins to Selva (di Val Gardena)

http://www.sii.bz.it/en

INNSBRUCK TO ALTA BADIA

Different route.

Take the train to Fortezza/Franzensfeste www.oebb.at

There are some direct Intercity services to Fortezza/Franzensfeste (these are German Munich - Verona intercity services)

You would then need another local train to San Lorenzo then the 460 Bus services the entire Alta Badia

Use http://www.sii.bz.it/en then do from/to search Fortezza to Corvara (will give you the whole valley service) or click on "Timetables as PDF"

NOTE: There are a couple of Regional train services that run from Innsbruck all the way through Süd Tirol to Lienz in Austria but these are few and far between

Also Note the use of 2 names. This area is Süd Tirol and all places have both German and Italian names. Either works in the SII search box.

Note that "Val Gardena" is the name of the valley so if interested in Selva (di Val Gardena) use Selva or Wolkenstein in the search.

As well as German and Italian (both official languages in the area) there si also the local dialect of Ladin. On SII there are also timetables with the place names in Ladin

Reply to: transfer from Innsbruck to val gardena
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about South Tyrol Province