We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation prior to flotilla yacht charter

Which Palairos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 30
Accomodation prior to flotilla yacht charter

Hi,

Is anyone able to recommend the best accomodation for us for 1 night prior to us going sailing for a week? I contacted Sunsail Vounaki (which is where we will sail from) but they take minimum 1 week stays so this isnt an option. We will be travelling from Athens by bus or shared cab the day prior, after having spent 10 days travelling around the cyclades.

Thanks in advance.

6 replies to this topic
Australia
reviews: 24
1. Re: Accomodation prior to flotilla yacht charter

Have a look at www.palerostravel.gr

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
reviews: 87
2. Re: Accomodation prior to flotilla yacht charter

Anna, owner of Paleros travel is a very accomodating lady, I know her personaly for many years and I have no hesitation to suggest seeking her advice if you need to do so...

I am not sure just booking a nights' accomodation is necessary to do so though...

What kind of accomodation are you after and when you plan to go?

You could have a look on Thalassa, a relatively new hotel which offers a swimming pool, a restaurant and nice views of Paleros, slightly up hil from the main Paleros waterfront . It is sort of half way between Sunsail marina and Paleros town. For more budget options, on Paleros waterfront I believe Dionisos and Tomorrow restaurants offer rooms to let too.

For something different, uphill, located on the core town, Antonio's guesthouse is a great place, offering spartan but clean rooms to let next to his famous New Mill tavern.

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: Accomodation prior to flotilla yacht charter

I think being closest to sunsail would be best, a view is always nice but we aren't that fussy for the night before sailing, as long as the amenities are there.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
4. Re: Accomodation prior to flotilla yacht charter

Paleros is a small place, distances are not great ... If you plan to use a taxi on departure morning from hotel to marina (with luggages and all that ) location in terms of proximacy to Sunsail is not so important. 2 minutes taxi ride is not very different to 7 minutes taxi ride. Or maybe Sunsail offers a pick-up option?

If you do not need a swimming pool, personaly I would try one of the rooms to let options inside the very village, in order to have a walk around, get a feel of the place and sample some of the local taverns.

Sydney, Australia
5. Re: Accomodation prior to flotilla yacht charter

Very helpful info thanks. I will have a good look further today. Out of interests sake, would Thalassa be the most upmarket place to stay in Paleros?

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
6. Re: Accomodation prior to flotilla yacht charter

This is an interesting topic... What upclass means? People give different meaning on this word...

Personally I would not call any place on Paleros upmarket. Even Sunsail Vounaki which is currently the one with most facilities and services on offer, is rather a 3* hotel with spartan rooms and uninspiring public areas, as most mass tourism hotels are. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but many people are fooled by star system or "upclass" title in Greece and raise their expectations too high..

Thalassa offers facilities (clean but rather spartan rooms, a swimming pool, a restaurant) similar to many other hotels in the area (Electra, CostaMari,Cliff Bay) but I find location more convenient. Thalassa is supposed to have a spa but I've yet to meet anyone using it...

Strictly my opinion, others might feel differently.

Reply to: Accomodation prior to flotilla yacht charter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palairos
More Palairos Topics