We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter rental

Which Long Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse, New York
reviews: 1
Scooter rental

Hi, There

I will be arriving in Salt Pond one week from today (so excited). Is there anywhere to rent a scotter nearby? We plan to rent a car for several days but didn't want to be tied to it for the entire trip.

Thanks!

Nassau, New...
reviews: 42
1. Re: Scooter rental

Cars are available, but I've not heard of any scooter rentals. The distances and the condition of the roads does not really lend itself to scooters. Stick with the car. Depending on where you are staying, there might be a bicycle available for short jaunts to the beach or store.

Long Island
2. Re: Scooter rental

I don't recommend a scooter on Long Island. As Dusty said, it just isn't really appropriate there. A car is the way to go, or a Jeep type vehicle if you plan on being more adventurous. We have been to a lot of places in just a Honda or similar sedan, but some side roads just require more ground clearance.

bahamas
reviews: 37
3. Re: Scooter rental

Too many potholes, drivers drive too fast, narrow roads - without centerlines. Stay away from scooters. You'll be able to walk to lots of places wherever you are staying in Salt Pond - beaches on both sides of the island, grocery stores and restaurants. Have fun! Look for me if you check out the beach in Wemyss!!

4. Re: Scooter rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, June 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Long Island