We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family of 5 destination information

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 95
family of 5 destination information

Planning a trip to CR for my family of 5 this summer. My husband and I last visited CR in 2005 and stayed at AI Paradisus Playa Conchal (which I believe is now closed and Wyndham took over)? My husband wants to stay at all inclusive because he believes it will be cheaper than staying somewhere else and paying for food and transportation. I would like to enlighten him and get him into my mindset. Can anyone give me recommendations of areas to stay? We will be flying into Liberia. Again we are a family of 5. Two teenage girls (17 and 14) one loves adventure and the other is afraid of her own shadow lol but she has come a long way! Our third is a 4 year old boy. When my husband and I last visited we did a trip to tabacon springs, and zip lining. We really didn't see any wildlife (other than the monkey park we went too). I would like to stay somewhere that has wildlife! The kids would love to see a monkey and more than an iguana! We do not need anything fancy! Just clean with moderate amenities (unfortunately TV with cable and internet access will likely be a must) my husband almost gets out of work but prefers to have internet access for emergencies. We do not necessairly need a beachfront property but close to a beach that would be good for our 4 year old would be nice. A nice view would be great! Don't want to travel there and not have something beautiful to look at! Although I could care less about having AC 3 out of 5 of us would be very upset if we didn't have it! Last visit I wanted to do Monteverde but we never made it. Would like something like that (but it would need to be suitable for our 4 year old). The girls and I would love to do some horseback riding. Good pool and reasonable food options would be a must. We have a budge of $2000-$3000 for a week. I would love to rent a home and brought it up to my husband but he is apprehensive to rent a home in a foreign country (worried that someone will break in because it's a known rental). A family friendly location with similar things to do as mentioned with reasonably priced accommodations and food options would be great!! Also info on car rentals would be welcome!! Thanks in advance!!

11 replies to this topic
guanacaste
reviews: 31
11. Re: family of 5 destination information

Hola, try to fly in SJO and out LIR, so you travel less on the way back. Do Arenal first and move along.

If you go to Coco, rent a boat and go to Playa Huevos, great place to snorkel and nice beach to swim , take a cooler with food and drink, there is nothing there.

Consider including a day in Rincon de la Vieja volcano, that is active and easy to explore, early in the morning there is abundant wildlife, plus there are many waterfalls to explore in the area.

Reply to: family of 5 destination information
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted