We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Construction of Riu Palace

Edmonton, Canada
Update on Construction of Riu Palace

Does anyone know if the Riu Palace will be open in November? Will all the construction be finished?Any updates would be appreciated. Thanks!

15 replies to this topic
guanacaste
reviews: 33
1. Re: Update on Construction of Riu Palace

I will try to find out this coming week, I suppose that there should be a small delay, but that is my thought only.

2. Re: Update on Construction of Riu Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:49 am, October 17, 2012

Edmonton, Canada
3. Re: Update on Construction of Riu Palace

ya Please try to findout, we will be coming there in Jan 2013 and dont want to listen to constructin still going on. We will book somewhere else if thats the case

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 29
4. Re: Update on Construction of Riu Palace

From reports from gests and knowing the pace things move here I would not hold my breath,,, To be safe if you can book another hotel Westin Playa Conchal is another AI or have RIU book you into another resort of theirs. in DR, Mexico or similar.

Edited: 11:50 pm, September 09, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 69
5. Re: Update on Construction of Riu Palace

they say. it will....I am next door now and just not certain how. tons of workers there working on landscaping. it might be open but notat it's best. if your not happy with it try the sister property next door. I am here now and it is quite lovely. I love rius but I don't think I would go w riu or any AI hotel the first month it is open.

Bayonne, New Jersey
reviews: 1
6. Re: Update on Construction of Riu Palace

You are at the new Riu? If so, can you please give a review :) I'm about to book it for January and scared to stay in a hotel that will only be open for 2months at that point. I would greatly appreciate any info :)))

Michigan
reviews: 19
7. Re: Update on Construction of Riu Palace

They opened on time - Nov 2 and 1st TA review is great:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2561261-d36082…

reviews: 2
8. Re: Update on Construction of Riu Palace

I stayed there. My review will soon be up.

Michigan
reviews: 19
9. Re: Update on Construction of Riu Palace

Review was deleted!

reviews: 2
10. Re: Update on Construction of Riu Palace

The original review from someone else appears to have been deleted. But mine is not up yet. I included pictures of the resort, etc. What a fantastic vacation.

Edited: 5:59 pm, November 11, 2012
Reply to: Update on Construction of Riu Palace
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted