We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If they do have bedbugs,what to do!

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 106
If they do have bedbugs,what to do!

If your on a Apple vacation trip I wonder what your rights are?Will they move you?My big issue is bringing them home,what are your rights there?Has anyone been there since Jan ,2012,that can shed some light on this. I 'm looking for reports from actual visitors, not all the pros,cons about the resort other issues.IF anyone has had an issue with this please respond! Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: If they do have bedbugs,what to do!

A lady in this forum was there two months ago...and she found some that according to her were bed bugs...she even try to talk to the hotel manager and of course nobody talk to her about it...they gave them another room WITHOUT BED BUGS!

Maybe good idea is to ask the question direct to Apple Vacation...they may have a good answer for you!

roadadvisor

Denver, Colorado
2. Re: If they do have bedbugs,what to do!

They will be hearing from me directly! A five golden apple should not have this issue!

Monterey Bay...
reviews: 38
3. Re: If they do have bedbugs,what to do!

5-Star hotels have bed bugs too! We never thought we'd be victims, but we were a few years ago in Palm Springs, CA.

Not only should they move you, but they should launder every single item of clothing you have and clean out your luggage. Moving you will just spread the problem. They should also pay for any medication and compensate you in a manner you feel reflects the hassle.

When you get home, leave everything outside and launder everything once again. A star notation on a hotel does not mean you will be immune to bed bugs.

Denver, Colorado
4. Re: If they do have bedbugs,what to do!

Leaving in a few days,never heard back from Apple Vac,so I guess I'll bring bug spray,by the truckload!I asked them to look into the problem. Not even sure I'LL end up at Riu anyway ,We just want to get away,to tropics,,we love the mountains but a change is nice Bugs are littler than bears,so I'm sure we will survive!Bears are really hungry this year in Colo. LOL

Boston...
reviews: 5
5. Re: If they do have bedbugs,what to do!

We stayed in 5 different hotels in CR in April and didn't have a single bed bug issue until we spent a night in the Houston airport hotel on the way home! Don't think you're more at risk in CR than at home.

Reply to: If they do have bedbugs,what to do!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted