We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gifts to bring?

NewB, Ma
reviews: 2
Gifts to bring?

When my wife and I have traveled in the past we usually bring story books, pencils, crayons, flash cards etc., to give to the children of the natives of wherever we are traveling. I have also brought tee shirts and Red Sox hats being from Boston. Are native Costa Ricans familiar with American baseball? I enjoy seeing the smiles on faces when you give them something they do not have or cannot get. Thanks

charlestown rhode...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Gifts to bring?

That is very sweet of you. The local schools will gladly accept your donations.

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 25
2. Re: Gifts to bring?

While there are not many baseball “fans” in Costa Rica they are certainly familiar the game and would appreciate T-shirts and Baseball hats where a gift is deemed appropriate. You can get just about anything in Costa Rica, but often branded items are more expensive than in North America.

guanacaste
reviews: 30
3. Re: Gifts to bring?

Yes some locals are familiar with baseball.

Do you have a way to channel your gifts to local schools? If you don't , let us know what hotel you are staying at , and we can locate the closest town, or a local community leader to assist you.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Gifts to bring?

Every body will love a baseball hats...we are not big in baseball but we love any American baseball hat...

Thank you for thinking about our kids...we need more people like you...God Bless you!

roadadvisor

5. Re: Gifts to bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 16, 2013