We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Mangrove swamps

Toronto, Canada
1 post
What Mangrove swamps

Been there and the mangroves swamps if any are in the other direction. Gimme a break.

Before you profess get your butt down there and take a look for yourself. I did!!!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: What Mangrove swamps

Jeff, what are you trying to say? Did you see mangroves or not see mangroves? What is your point?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
6,345 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: What Mangrove swamps

And my question - which Playa Matapalo are you referring to? There are several in the country. I know you posted in the Puntarenas forum - but could it be you were really at the one near the Riu in Guanacaste? The answer to where the nearest mangroves are would be very different...

pura vida

raquel

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: What Mangrove swamps

Hey, I might been able to decipher the mistery message:

"There is no mangrove swamp wherever Jeff L was taken to. If we do not agree let us see for ourselves".

Yet, Jeff, we are still in the pitch black about the exact location you are reffering to. Please help us!

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: What Mangrove swamps

I think jeff must be talking about the mangrove system that was destroyed and covered up in the construction of RIU Hotel in Matapalo Guanacaste. Yes unfortunately it is no longer possible to visit this mangrove as its no longer there...

In case you are refering to Playa Matapalo in Puntarenas as per the forum thread. Playa Matapalo in Puntarenas is located between Quepos and Dominical. There ae no mangrove systems I know of, but there is one near Quepos "Damas" also hacienda Baru near Dominical as well as near Ojochal and Sierpe.

5. Re: What Mangrove swamps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, June 22, 2013