We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

Edmonton, Alberta...
reviews: 1
Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

We have never been to Costa Rica and have read some TA posts re: the Riu Resort. Please advise where the Riu is located?

I've looked on Red Tag Vacations.ca and the Riu doesn't come up as one of the Resortt choices. Any information re: this would be most helpful.

Thanks

Relaxationseeker11:-)

9 replies to this topic
Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
reviews: 50
1. Re: Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

Mentioning the RIU on this forum is like stabbing a raging bull in the behind and then asking him for directions.

Just be prepared that the RIU is the most hated resort on this forum and that responses may not be the most positive.

Alas, the hotel is located in Costa Rica's Northwest. Find Playas del Coco on the map. To the left is Ocotal and a little outcropping into the ocean. The RIU is located on that outcropping.

Oh, and to get everyone started:

To the RIU?

- Just follow the path of destruction.

- Head for the heap of dead animals.

- It's not in Costa Rica at all, it's in Riulandia.

Edited: 9:54 pm, February 06, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

It is located in Matapalo Beach, Guanacaste approx 45 minute drive from the Liberia airport.

Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 69
3. Re: Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

Thanks to Mike for the information without all the rest!

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
4. Re: Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

Relaxationsee...In Redtag.ca just use the Search box, pick Costa Rica, (no towns) select All Inclusive, put in your date, and the RIU will come up...just tried it.

It is a beautiful resort, and yes, there are those here on the Forum, who although have never visited the hotel, have strong opinions. If you choose to go and stay at the RIU, you will have a great time (as seen in the TA reviews)

Have fun planning your vacation.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 8
5. Re: Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

Another way to look at the reviews is: you'll have a 25% chance that you will find it average or less, personally I would not take that chance.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

Good point and I really respect the opinion of a person that knows about how to run a hotel!

Thank you...nice great decent way to said.it..of course you do it a lot better than me... with my broken English GRACIAS!!!

roadadvisor

Anchorage, Alaska
7. Re: Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

bs so tired of the anti Riu people tryng to ruin the rius business by thei nasty comments. look a t the reviews from people who have gone there and make your judgments from that not from a few radical environmentalists.i am here now and it is beautiful. not a dead animal in sight. when building in the middle of the jungle how do you think any building happens. love it here, the people Re great and they love their jobs. the naysayers are not the ones trying to eek out a living to put food on their table.sooooo tired of them beating the subject to the ground and I don't know why trip advisor lets people post who haven't EVER been there. there are plenty of Costa Ricans here so clearly not every local agrees with the Riu bashing.

Anchorage, Alaska
8. Re: Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

bs so tired of the anti Riu people tryng to ruin the rius business by thei nasty comments. look a t the reviews from people who have gone there and make your judgments from that not from a few radical environmentalists.i am here now and it is beautiful. not a dead animal in sight. when building in the middle of the jungle how do you think any building happens. love it here, the people Re great and they love their jobs. the naysayers are not the ones trying to eek out a living to put food on their table.sooooo tired of them beating the subject to the ground and I don't know why trip advisor lets people post who haven't EVER been there. there are plenty of Costa Ricans here so clearly not every local agrees with the Riu bashing.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
reviews: 75
9. Re: Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?

"not a dead animal in sight"

"radical environmentalists"

For those who don't care about the environment or protecting endangered species, the Riu is your place, as shown in this thread.

Reply to: Riu in Liberia Costa Rica?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted