We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

Devon
reviews: 52
Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

My husband and i have booked this tour and would love to hear from anyone that has done this tour.

We are going in March, is there anyone else going??

Wrexham Wales
reviews: 13
1. Re: Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

We are going on this tour in two weeks (can't wait!!!) - I'll let you know what it was like when we return

Devon
2. Re: Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

Thanks that would be great

Wrexham Wales
3. Re: Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

just returned from our tour of costa rica with Hayes & Jarvis and we thoroughly enjoyed it all. Bit of a fast turnaround in San Jose as we only arrived at 10.00p.m. and were leaving again at 8.00 the next morning, but as the distances travelled are quite long you have to get moving early in the morning. Our guide Jeff was superb and he made the tour enjoyable and fun. Be prepared for long journeys in the mini bus (our group was only 12 people) along very bad and bumpy roads but the lodges and hotels along the way were fine. We did have a hotel change half way through with no explanation but that was OK as I think the replacement hotel was better anyway. Take walking boots/trainers for the walks in the rainforest and water shoes for the water tubing and plenty of batteries and memory cards for your camera you will be amazed how many things you will want to photograph. We also stayed at the Riu for the second part of the holiday and everything was great - the rooms are large and very clean (see separate review) Hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did - I will certainly recomend this tour to friends and family. Any questions just get in touch.

Telford, England...
4. Re: Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

We're also going in March (17th). Querying type of clothing required and also whether insect repellant was a must.

Wrexham Wales
5. Re: Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

take light cotton/linen clothing it can be very hot and humid. yes insect repellant is a must - take more than you think you will need!!!

Gill

Devon
6. Re: Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

We had the most amazing time on this tour and our guide Jeff was just amazing he was so knowledgeable and made the tour interesting, fun and something to never to forget. The accomodation on all parts of the tour were excellent and the transfers all very efficent and safely done (thanks Victor).

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
7. Re: Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

DevonDawn - Sounds like you had a great time! If you have a few minutes, can you give us some more detail about your trip? I know that I would like to know and others considering using Hayes and Jarvis would want to know also.

Things like - how long were you here, where did you go, which hotels, which activities did you do? How about restaurants? Was all transportation included in your trip?

Were you with a group or on your own?

Thanks.

Weymouth, United...
8. Re: Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

Myself and my husband have just returned from this tour and it really was the best experience we have ever had!! As stated before, Jeff the tour guide is absolutely fantastic - what he doesn't know is not worth knowing and it's like spending days in a David Attenborough documentary! We love you Jeff :-)

Our group was just 10 people, which was perfect as it was really personal. I promise you will come back with such a different outlook on all living things and you will be trying to spot things by 'eliminating the leaves' as Jeff says (however I never succeeded). The accommodation was great throughout and each place fitted perfect,y with the surroundings. We added on 6 nights at the Riu at the end, which was beautiful - however all we wants to do was go back into the jungle :-) Pachira Lodge, the first part of the tour is wonderful, but then again they all have their plus points.

If you are considering this, just go for it - fantastic holiday (but the humidity is Not good for curly hair lol) Enjoy

Edited: 2:29 pm, May 08, 2012
9. Re: Costa Rican Adventure - Hayes and Jarvis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, May 10, 2013