We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Guanacaste Wedding?

Sarnia, Canada
Riu Guanacaste Wedding?

I am getting married there in February. I would like any heads up of other's experience. What should I know ahead of time to make this my dream Wedding?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 22
11. Re: Riu Guanacaste Wedding?

What should you know about to make this your dream wedding: Besides the background provided above on the resort you've chosen, you should be aware that there is construction going on next door to the north of the Riu from 8 AM to 6 PM most days. In addition the resort turns into party central on weekends when low rates for Ticos appear to attract a large crowd into serious drinking and partying. Better plan the wedding for a weekday and locate activities away from the construction noise.

Even if you're not hearing the answers you hoped to, please be aware that your flippant tone isn't liking to encourage anyone to help you.

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 43
12. Re: Riu Guanacaste Wedding?

I believe that you are receiving answerers to you question: "What should I know ahead of time to make this my dream Wedding?" whether you want to hear the answer or not. As to your second question “but what can be done now?” (Which is pretending to be written by someone else) the answer is don’t spent you money at the Rui to help prevent them from doing further damage.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
13. Re: Riu Guanacaste Wedding?

If you truly believe other hotels pay people to write bad reviews about riu then it wouldn't be hard to believe that riu pays for good reviews now would it? Did you read the one where the reviewer absolutely gushed about the crown molldings in her room? Any seasoned traveller will ignore most of the over-the-top reviews and all the abysmal ones. In the case of riu this will leave you with a rating of around 2.75. If you believe a resort with a slightly better than average rating can pull off a wedding that is up to your obviously very high standards then you are on the right track!

Barrie, Ontario
reviews: 2
14. Re: Riu Guanacaste Wedding?

hi there, if you plan on renting any vehicle, stay away from PLUS rent a car.

he may not still be in business, but a few years ago he scammed myself and half a dozen others from Ontario.

They don't return your deposit and it'll stay on your credit card bill

Mike

San Jose, Costa Rica
15. Re: Riu Guanacaste Wedding?

Tasha congratulations on your wedding! Riu is a great Resort, I have stayed there a few times and the service, rooms and food were excellent. You will have a great experience in this Resort fully approved by the Costa Rican Goverment and by the ministry of Tourism ICT visitcostarica.com/ict/… you can find them on the R

Edited: 2:16 pm, November 25, 2011
San Jose, Costa Rica
16. Re: Riu Guanacaste Wedding?

Funny how life change in some ways...some people do not care for ICT...but when they need to make a point...then ICT is the best!

Thank you for trusting our Secretary of Tourism...gracias We costaricans love ICT and we do have a full respect for them...

Tasha...keep reading and researching for some reviews...sorry is not maybe what you are looking for...but nice so you can make a good desicion!

roadadvisor

17. Re: Riu Guanacaste Wedding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, November 28, 2011
18. Re: Riu Guanacaste Wedding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, November 28, 2012