We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chapada Visit

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 7
Chapada Visit

Hello

I am planning to go see the World Cup in Brazil next year. While being in Salvador we are thinking of visiting Chapada National Park. I found the bus service from SAL-Lencois. Is it safe to travel by bus at night time? We will have two full day at lencois. Will it be enough to explore the area? Any recommendations for moderate hiking? Finally, suggestions for accommodations for reasonable price?

Thanks a lot for the help in advance. Really appreciate the help.

18 replies to this topic
11. Re: Chapada Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, January 14, 2014

Warsaw, Warszawa...
12. Re: Chapada Visit

I did it, it's safe, no problems at all. And consider going to Vale do Capao instead of Lencois. Completely different atmosphere and you're IN the valley. Search wikitravel for more info. Also, Wikiloc has many trails ready to upload to your GPS.

Here you have also great Brazil map, that contains topographical, very very detailed maps of Chapada Diamantina http://www.tracksource.org.br/.

I actually walked through Vale do Pati by myself last year, GPS and tent only. I used Wikiloc trails and tracksource maps. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Edited: 6:15 am, February 15, 2014
Warsaw, Warszawa...
13. Re: Chapada Visit

I wouldn't agree with the fact that you need guide and booking for everything. Actually it's opposite. You can do everything by yourself and many people cross Vale do Pati and surroundings on their own. If you want to visit caves, you might need to rent a car or simply pay for a trip, because sometimes it can be more than 100 km driving during 1 day (with multiple destinations). But there is no need for guide when hiking if you are fit and know how to trek.

Edmonton, Canada
14. Re: Chapada Visit

Hello

Is it possible to see the Waterfall Buracão in a day trip from Lencois? What time we need to start?

Can anyone suggest any good travel agent?

15. Re: Chapada Visit

Hi Ryszard,

How did you get to Vale de Capao? I arrive in Lencois airport at 240pm and am trying to figure out how best to get to Capao as it seems the best launching point for the Chapada attractions.

How long does it take from Capao to Fumaca? Do you remember the proximity to other sites from Capao? Walking or by car?

Thank you!

Jake

Edmonton, Canada
16. Re: Chapada Visit

Go to Lencois city and you ll find lots of travel agent who can answer all of your questions. Ventura is one of the best and if can find the guide Eric, he is just awesome.

17. Re: Chapada Visit

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, February 23, 2015

18. Re: Chapada Visit

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, February 23, 2015

Reply to: Chapada Visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted